We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Terma Caracalla - Villa De Quintili - Mausolleo Di Metella

Kassiopi, Greece
Level Contributor
422 posts
171 reviews
Save Topic
Terma Caracalla - Villa De Quintili - Mausolleo Di Metella

question: i wanna do the "terme caracalla - villa quintili - mausolleo di metella.

but does anyone know how far are the villa quintili - mausolleo di metella.from the Metro (stop Colli albani)??? can i walk there or should i take a bus? it seems far from Metro Station on the map....

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
8,182 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Terma Caracalla - Villa De Quintili - Mausolleo Di Metella

You can use Google Maps to see the layout and distances. They're too far apart to walk. Google Maps also shows bus & metro stops.

The Baths of Caracalla is a short walk south-east from the Circo Massimo metro stop.

the other two are a good way out on Appia Antica, though the website seems to be saying the entrance to Villa Quintilii is on Appia Nuova.

Further information here:

…beniculturali.it/en/…villa-quintilii

and: …beniculturali.it/en/archaeological-site/mau…

Edited: 08 July 2014, 14:09
Kassiopi, Greece
Level Contributor
422 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Terma Caracalla - Villa De Quintili - Mausolleo Di Metella

ok thank you

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
21,097 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Terma Caracalla - Villa De Quintili - Mausolleo Di Metella

The Villa of the Quintili is way out there. I have only gone to it by taking 2 buses. Bus 118 to the end of the line and then bus 654

www.slowphotos.com/photo/showphoto.php…

www.slowphotos.com/photo/showphoto.php…

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
21,097 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Terma Caracalla - Villa De Quintili - Mausolleo Di Metella

You can walk from the Baths of Caracalla to the Mausoleum of Cecilia Metella, but it''s a long way. Maybe you you can take the bus back. Look at the map for bus 118 ande you will see that it runs rown the east end of the sdtie for the Baths to Via Pignelli by the St sebastian Catacombs where it tusn off the Appian Way. YOu can be off there by where bus 118 turns off and the walk the rest of the way to Cecilia Metella.

The baths of caracalla is the blue wavy water on this google map. Tome of Cecilia meteall is the blye quesiton mark in a round

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms…

Kassiopi, Greece
Level Contributor
422 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Terma Caracalla - Villa De Quintili - Mausolleo Di Metella

thanks i was thinking doing one day the Quintilli and Metella becuase they are relatively close (i dont know if i go to Metella and take a tram from there to Quintilli) and maybe another day the Caracalla

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,725 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Terma Caracalla - Villa De Quintili - Mausolleo Di Metella

The Mausoleo di Cecilia Metella and the Villa dei Quintili are not really near each other. It's 3.5 km. It would probably be a nice walk, or maybe you could rent a bike on the Via Appia Antica. I wouldn't want to do that except on a Sunday, when the Via Appia Antica is closed to most traffic.

Otherwise, I'd take the bus recommended by Lupaling.

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
21,097 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Terma Caracalla - Villa De Quintili - Mausolleo Di Metella

There is no tram between the Tomb of Cecilia Metella and the Villa of the Quintili. The entrance to the Villa of the Quintili is on Via Appia Nuova, which is a busy modern street . You could bike down the Via Appia Antica to Via Tor Carbone and then bike across (in traffic) to Via Appia Nuova.

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
21,097 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Terma Caracalla - Villa De Quintili - Mausolleo Di Metella

yeah if you had a bike, you would have to go to Via Tor Carbone (I was there In March looking at tombs) and then bike to Via Pignelli, down Via Pignello a short distance then onto Via Appai Nuova

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms…

The caretaker at Capo Bove in March convinced my daughter that the Villa of the Quintili wasn't far and we walked down Tor Carbone a ways, but we got too tired and turned around and came back before we got to even Via Pignelli. The sun was also starting to go down (4pm) and I felt we needed to head back before it got too dark.

Kassiopi, Greece
Level Contributor
422 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Terma Caracalla - Villa De Quintili - Mausolleo Di Metella

all right thanks a lot for this

10. Re: Terma Caracalla - Villa De Quintili - Mausolleo Di Metella

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2015, 23:16