We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

have I left it too late to pre-book?

Swindon
Level Contributor
10 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
have I left it too late to pre-book?

As my previous post, I am in Rome this weekend..I leave tomorrow have I left it too late to book for the Vatican and the Collosseum? is it essential to pre-book?

My three must see's are the Vatican/Colosseum and the fountain (yes I am aware of the work being done on both) are these three viable to do on foot? I am staying in the Via Veneto area.

Thanks,

Trevi Fountain
Fountains, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Piazza di Spagna
Architectural Buildings, Fountains, Historic Walking Areas, Points of Interest & Landmarks
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
42,267 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: have I left it too late to pre-book?

Why not check the official websites for the Vatican Museums and the Colosseum to see if you can pre-book; if you don't, it is very likely that you will have to wait in extremely long (and hot) lines to get tickets.

Yes, you can walk to these sites - of course, hop on a bus (with a ticket, of course, bought at a newsstand or tobacco shop for 1,5 euros which MUST be validated when boarding) if it is too hot or you are tired on your feet.

Swindon
Level Contributor
10 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: have I left it too late to pre-book?

The webiste aren't clear whether they are e-tickets or tickets that get sent out, obvioulsy I can still access e-tickets but a posted ticket won't get here before I get there.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
42,267 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: have I left it too late to pre-book?

What website?

For the Vatican Museums - use http://mv.vatican.va

For the Colosseum: http://www.coopculture.it

Buying online, you will receive via email what you need for tickets; they do not need to be mailed.

Calgary
Level Contributor
794 posts
229 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: have I left it too late to pre-book?

There is a desk to the left as you enter St Peters where you can buy same day tickets for the Vatican museums and skip the line... We were at the Vatican last week and I noticed this after we had already been through the museums.

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
35,062 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: have I left it too late to pre-book?

That desk charges a lot more than booking onsite. Just go online to see what tickets are available. Just checking the website for the Vatican they have tons of tickets available for this Saturday. Sunday the museums are closed but if you want to purchase for Saturday you can and bring the printout with you to Rome. For the colosseum, just be sure to either use the print at home option or pick them up at the site. Either way, you'll get a confirmation that you can show the guard at the front of the line who will allow you to enter the site. Colosseum tickets are not dated so you can buy them today for tomorrow if you wish.

Donna

6. Re: have I left it too late to pre-book?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 01:16