We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

FCO to Piazza Vittorio Emanuele ???

Pune, India
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
FCO to Piazza Vittorio Emanuele ???

Hi Rome Forumist,

As our journey date is coming up we r so excited and at the same time little bit anxious also.But this Forum helped us a lot in planning ,hotel booking n many more things.

Next week we will be in Rome and our hotel is near to the Piazza Vittorio Emanuele.

I have gone through many post but little bit confused in Metro/taxi/shuttle bus .

which one will be convenient way with luggage(3bags) for 3 of us

Following points I got it from web n TA

Correct me if I am wrong....

1-As per hotel website,FCO terminal train "Leonardo da Vinci" to termini 14Euros then MetroA to Vittorio Emanuele station jst 1 stop

here I want to know from termini station Do we need to change platform n buy tickets again? Are platforms are nearby? Or do we need to walk too much with heavy luggage. As we ll be in pick time around 8-9 AM ,will station be too crowded?

2-Taxi 40Euro till central Rome, Is this area comes under Central Rome? If not how much he will charge us extra?

3-bus shuttles from airport is 25 EURO Pp,but in one of the post I read 6Euro pp.

Even on website 25Euro is mention n 6 Euro for extra person frm FCO. I am not getting exact ticket price for shuttle bus.

this bus is till to termini station from there we can take taxi to hotel.

Thanks n Regards

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
33,269 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: FCO to Piazza Vittorio Emanuele ???

1. It's a railway train (run by Italian State Railways) from FCO to Termini station, and then you need to go to the METRO station below Termini and buy metro tickets to travel on metro line A (run by the Rome city transport company, ATAC) to the Vittorio Emanuele stop. During the morning rush-hour, both stations will be crowded.

2. Yes V. Emanuele is "within the walls" and therefore covered by flat-rate fare from FCO but this is €48, not €40. This is for up to 4 passengers with no extra charges for baggage.

3. I think you are confusing scheduled airport shuttle services (Terravision, TAM, SIT) with private shuttles, which are effectively a chauffeur-driven car/van/minibus - this will be what the €25 (for 2?) plus €6 per extra person would be for; with buses you would pay the same fare for each person. See tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187791-c144716/Rome:…

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
41,755 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: FCO to Piazza Vittorio Emanuele ???

For three people, I would suggest taking the taxi for the 48 euros from FCO as it will drop you right at your hotel's door; given that 3 people at $14 (Leonardo Express) is 42 euros, it is just a few euros more to go straight to your lodging.

Pune, India
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: FCO to Piazza Vittorio Emanuele ???

THANKS A LOT!!

Information given is really helpful n much needed :)

Yeah.. Its good idea to hire taxi only.

Thanks again

Roma
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
12,343 posts
640 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: FCO to Piazza Vittorio Emanuele ???

I think too that in such cases taxi for fixed fare of 48 euros is better that the highly expensive train Leonardo Express.

5. Re: FCO to Piazza Vittorio Emanuele ???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 03:15