We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private tour shore excursion to St. Peter's Basilica

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
159 posts
191 reviews
Save Topic
Private tour shore excursion to St. Peter's Basilica

My husband & i have been to Rome two times. We are only interested in a complete tour of St. Peter's Basillica. It has to include a shore pickup. Does anyone know of a private tour company who would do this?

Mentioned in this post
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
35,987 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Private tour shore excursion to St. Peter's Basilica

This company picks up at Civitavecchia and says every tour is customizable, so you can drop the museums part of one of the Vatican tours: www.toursbylocals.com/find_tour&area=48

But when you say "complete tour": no private tour company has access to the necropolis so if you want to include the Scavi you would have to book that yourself (see http://www.milesandmiles.net/blog.asp?idarticolo=1&mese=8&anno=2010).

See also:

- argiletum-tours-rome.com/tours/…

- getyourguide.com/civitavecchia-l863/…

- italylimousine.com/en/shore_excursions.php

Mentioned in this post
Civitavecchia
Civitavecchia
Province of Rome, Italy
Vatican
Vatican
240 Reviews
Rome, Italy
Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
159 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Private tour shore excursion to St. Peter's Basilica

Thank you so much for your reply. I will definitely look into them. Kathy

3. Re: Private tour shore excursion to St. Peter's Basilica

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 05:16