We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Piazza di Montecitorio - 1st Sunday of month

Uk
Level Contributor
350 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Piazza di Montecitorio - 1st Sunday of month

According to the website: http://en.camera.it/4?scheda_informazioni=42 open door day usually takes place on the 1st Sunday of the month where a guide shows you around. Does anyone know if there are English language tours and if there are the usual timings for them?

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
33,187 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Piazza di Montecitorio - 1st Sunday of month

You can try calling them to see about tours but I doubt they would give any tours on a free day. These tend to be very busy and most sites don't allow them because of the extra crowds

0039 06 67601 - 06 67603875

Donna

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
32,445 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Piazza di Montecitorio - 1st Sunday of month

I'm not sure whether you are aware of the information provided in Italian on www.camera.it/leg17/1131… - relating to a change in arrangements for these visits from June last year? It says that in order to avoid the long queues they were having before that, you now have to pick up TIMED (free) tickets, on the day of the visit, from the Infopoint (via Uffici del Vicario, corner with via della Missione) which opens from 14,30. Access to the Palazzo Montecitorio is then possible from 16h till 21h (last group entry at 20,40). Ticket holders have to be at the Piazza Montecitorio entrance to the palace 10 mins before the time on their ticket: late arrivals will not be allowed in.

So while it seems to me highly unlikely that these tours, which are aimed at Italian citizens interested in their own government, would be given in English (and there is certainly no mention of constituting different language groups for these visits) you can always ask the Infopoint before picking up tickets.

Uk
Level Contributor
350 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Piazza di Montecitorio - 1st Sunday of month

What I was meaning by tours is their website talks about a guide showing you around:

"During the visit, a guide will point out the main items of historical and political interest in the building."

While the Lonely Planet site refers to guided visits

"guided visits 10.30am-3.30pm, 1st Sun of month"

Maybe tour is the wrong word to use but they both talk about being guided around.

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
33,187 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Piazza di Montecitorio - 1st Sunday of month

Why don't you call them to find out? They will have the exact answers you need.

Donna

Uk
Level Contributor
350 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Piazza di Montecitorio - 1st Sunday of month

The response I got back from an email is:

La presente per comunicarVi che la manifestazione Montecitorio a porte aperte si terrà domenica 12 ottobre 2014, dalle ore 10.00 alle ore 18.00, con ultimo ingresso alle ore 17.30.

Cordiali saluti.

Servizio per la Sicurezza

So the October open day will be on the second Sunday of the month, not the first.

6. Re: Piazza di Montecitorio - 1st Sunday of month

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2015, 05:15