We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

suggestions required for something different for last day.

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
swindon,england
Level Contributor
3,123 posts
190 reviews
Save Topic
suggestions required for something different for last day.

We will be in Rome for three nights in august,we have already booked tickets for the Vatican tour and also for a walking tour taking in the Colosseum,forum and a few other sites.

We would really like to do something a wee bit different on our final day,so really just looking for any suggestions that might fit the bill.

Many Thanks.

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
31,864 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: suggestions required for something different for last day.

What do you consider different? A wine tour, a food tour, a segway tour.....? There are hundreds of things to see and do. You'll need to be a little more specific.

Donna

swindon,england
Level Contributor
3,123 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: suggestions required for something different for last day.

Thanks for your reply Donna,sorry i was not specific i know, mainly because i think i just wanted some ideas thrown at me whatever they might be.I think a segway tour could be interesting and i will do some further research in that area.

Now that i've pondered a bit on the main question i was wondering if there are any boat trips through Rome that are available as we've always enjoyed seeing the sites from a relaxing point of view such as a boat cruise.

Garry.

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
31,864 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: suggestions required for something different for last day.

You probably wouldn't enjoy the Tiber river cruise as you don't see much of anything other than the very high embankments. You could try a night time city walk. This is a great way to see the monuments lit up. It's nice and relaxing with no entry times to worry about. Just plan out a route and walk from site to site enjoying the city as it lights up the night. Everything looks different at night and will give you a different perspective of the city .

Donna

Buckie
Level Contributor
19 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: suggestions required for something different for last day.

Hi Garry. There is a cruise you can do on the Tiber - there's an embarkation point near Castel Sant'Angelo (and probably others). I have to admit we didn't do it because there are quite high walls alongside the river in many places and we weren't sure we'd actually see all that much! Most of the boats we saw passing were fairly empty - still, it might be worth a look! But even a walk along the river is nice, especially from Castel Sant'Angelo away from the Vatican - we saw Segways there too. Suggestions for your last day are tricky without knowing what you're into. If you like wandering around then the Trastevere area is really nice and the main square (S.Maria in Trastevere) is a great place to people watch (though some of the cafes are a bit pricey but its almost worth it for the atmosphere).

The gardens at the Galleria Borghese are also really nice for a wander and quite relaxing. If you like art then the Galleria Doria Pamphilj is terrific - beautiful rooms as well as great art and quite quiet. Then there's the Vittoriano monument - the elevator to the top is expensive but the views are amazing...just a few ideas from our own recent trip. Hope you have a great time.

swindon,england
Level Contributor
3,123 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: suggestions required for something different for last day.

Thank you again Donna and thank you too Iain,I think i'll put the Tiber cruise question to the forum and see what others have made of it and maybe go from there.

Thanks again,Garry.

6. Re: suggestions required for something different for last day.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 July 2015, 05:16