We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help - asap

Southend-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
457 posts
260 reviews
Save Topic
help - asap

Hi,

I need to book my train tickets for November as they just been released and cheaper the better.

I am looking to travel on a Monday from Rome to Pisa. BUT I want to stop in Florence for a few a hours. Do I need to book 2 trains, one from Rome to Florence and then another from Florence to Pisa. Or Can i just book one where I it stops for a change and then get a later train?

Thanks,

Anita

Southend-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
1,588 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: help - asap

Anita, you have to change in Florence for Pisa anyway - there is no direct train from Rome. So you can take an early train Rome to Florence, have your few hours and then book a later train for Pisa.

Edited: 13 July 2014, 21:51
Southend-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
1,588 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: help - asap

Just looked at the Trenitalia site and see there are direct trains. My apologies!

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
33,146 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: help - asap

If you want to stop and spend time in Florence you'll need to book two train tickets. One from Rome to Florence and one from Florence to Pisa.

Donna

4. Re: help - asap

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 08:15