We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal Caribbean's Excursions

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kansas City...
2 posts
Save Topic
Royal Caribbean's Excursions

Royal Caribbean has two excursions I am considering. The best of Rome - small tour for $350 and Imperial Rome for $198. They look very similar except for cost. I am mostly interested in getting into the Vatican without long lines. Does anyone have experience with either of these excursions? Thanks Linda

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Venice, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
7,965 posts
446 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Royal Caribbean's Excursions

Linda, I think your best bet is to surf onto cruisecritic.com (TripAdvisor sister company); then find Roll Call forum; and then see what people are saying about these excursions. There are not a lot of cruisers on this forum and, so, I am afraid you will not get the answers you need. That small tour for $350 sounds pretty hefty but that could very well be the going rate. Like I said, take a look at what your fellow cruisers are saying.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
3,212 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Royal Caribbean's Excursions

Try the Ports of Call section of cruisecritic.com for some other options.

NY
Level Contributor
3,582 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Royal Caribbean's Excursions

You need to review each one carefully to see what is actually included (look on the RC website). It looks to me the less expensive one does not include the Vatican Museum/Sistine Chapel, just St. Peter's Basilica and not even that if the line is too long - in that case you just go shopping.

If cost is an issue, there are a few posts on T/A about dong it on your own or with other companies.

Kansas City...
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Royal Caribbean's Excursions

Thanks so much for the advice to go to cruisecritic.com. It makes perfect sense...

5. Re: Royal Caribbean's Excursions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 July 2015, 06:16