We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel for 1 Night near Termini Station - Arriving Rome 8pm

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
642 posts
164 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel for 1 Night near Termini Station - Arriving Rome 8pm

Hi there,

Our tickets are booked! Italy here we come!

We are arrriving at Rome airport at 8pm and I'm assuming it will take an hour or two to get through customs, get a taxi to Rome City, and then leaving the next morning on a train to Naples. (We're arriving too late to make the last train to Naples)

Are there any decent hotels near the Termini train station in Rome (walking distance in the morning). It does not have to be flash - but not a dump either, and in a safe area. It is just a hot shower and a bed to sleep for the night... Any ideas?

Also, would it be easy to get a taxi from the airport to the city that time of night? I've read that there is a fixed fare of EUR30 for a taxi from the airport to the city - is that about right? (How long does it take from the airport to the city by taxi more or less?)

With the train to Naples - do I have to book in advance? We will be travelling on 6 October in the morning (is there a peak time we should avoid?)

From which platform at Termini do the fast trains to Naples depart? (And if we only buy the ticket son the day, where do we buy them?)

Thanks heaps guys! Sorry, it is a lot of questions.... This is a holiday in the making for months now and I can finally start planning the details! Super excited!

Likely To Sell Out
Vatican Museums Skip the Line Tour...
23,462 Reviews
from US$81.90*
Likely To Sell Out
Sistine Chapel VIP Private Viewing...
538 Reviews
from US$409.50*
Special Offer
Ancient Rome and Colosseum Skip the...
11,832 Reviews
from US$60.30*
US$67.00
Likely To Sell Out
Rome Colosseum Underground Chambers...
2,923 Reviews
from US$122.80*
NY
Level Contributor
3,718 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel for 1 Night near Termini Station - Arriving Rome 8pm

Taxi no problem, use official taxi, but 48 Euros. An hour or less. Leonardo Express is 14 Euro each, 45 minutes but two an hour and you have short walk to station at FCO

Termini area is safe - look on venere.com for hotels, and some here will recommend also

Look at trenitalia.com and buy discounted tickets if your schedule is fixed, you can save a lot

If you buy at station, ticket windows or machines

No one can tell the platforms.

New South Wales...
Destination Expert
for Pompeii, Herculaneum, Naples
Level Contributor
9,103 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel for 1 Night near Termini Station - Arriving Rome 8pm

Hey Aussie - are you by any chance flying Emirates on the EK95 regular service? I always take that flight which lands at FCO around 8pm and there are plenty of taxis - also very little traffic.

Do you really need to stay near Termini? That time of night is absolutely buzzing in Rome and you may want to take a walk after you check in and enjoy the atmosphere. Termini is a bit far from the sights for a night time walk. When I fly in on the first night I stay at the Hotel Memphis, which is minutes from Trevi Fountain and yet just an 8 euro taxi trip to Termini.

tripadvisor.com.au/Hotel_Review-g187791-d232…

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
642 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel for 1 Night near Termini Station - Arriving Rome 8pm

Thanks for the information and recommendations! Much appreciated!

Yes Kathy, we will be on that Emirates flight :-) We have been to Rome previously and have seen all the sights - LOVED it! So this time it will really just be a quick pit-stop to get a rest after the flight before we catch the train early the next morning.

Thanks for the trentalia website tip TravelSmith! I'll definitely use that! Depending on how tired we are after the flight (all up 33 hours) we might take the Leonardo Express - thanks for the info.

Watertown, MA
Level Contributor
2,768 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel for 1 Night near Termini Station - Arriving Rome 8pm

I would recommend the Beehive, very close to Termini, clean and reasonable rates.

http://www.the-beehive.com/

North York Moors...
Level Contributor
295 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel for 1 Night near Termini Station - Arriving Rome 8pm

Ditto the Beehive. Its clean,safe and comfortable,we stayed two years ago.

6. Re: Hotel for 1 Night near Termini Station - Arriving Rome 8pm

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 July 2015, 06:16