We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rome on sundays.

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
cornwall uk
Level Contributor
3,951 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
Rome on sundays.

I read on another post that the area around the collosseum is closed to traffic on sundays, is this the case,also obtaining metro and bus tickets from newstands and tabacs on sunday afternoons.Any info thanks.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
7,948 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Rome on sundays.

All private traffic was banned last August - whether that's still the case I don't know: http://bit.ly/1tuT37I Buses, taxis and emergency vehicles are permitted.

No problem buying tickets on Sunday provided the shop is open of course. There are also plenty of ticket machines around.

Turin
Level Contributor
5,370 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Rome on sundays.

You can buy tickets on any other day and use them on Sunday. That's the main benefit of the validation system.

You can read here about Via dei Fori Imperiali pedestrianization project:

foripedonali.it/en/the-new-traffic-system/

cornwall uk
Level Contributor
3,951 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rome on sundays.

Thanks for replies, I dont arrive until sunday lunch time, so was thinking of visiting this area while it will be slightly less traffic. Can you get bus tickets from a Machine, or pay the driver.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
7,948 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Rome on sundays.

>Can you get bus tickets from a Machine

Yes.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
3,049 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rome on sundays.

It's easier to get the tickets at a Tabaccaio (sp?) than at a machine, imho.

6. Re: Rome on sundays.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 July 2015, 06:16