We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel or B&B recommendation near Vatican

Cave Creek, Arizona
Level Contributor
77 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel or B&B recommendation near Vatican

My wife and I will be in Rome for two days in October and would like to stay near the Vatican. We were in Rome last year and went everywhere but the Vatican so we could come back and concentrate a couple of days on it. I have been going blind reviewing hotels and B&Bs and have come up with a few in the $150 per night or less range but thought I would get some advice from people who may be more familiar than I.

We would like to stay within about a half a mile so from the Vatican so we can easily walk to the Vatican and would like someplace quiet since we are both light sleepers. If it is near a metro or train station that would be a bonus since we plan to take the train from FCO and to Civitavecchia for our cruise.

Any recommendations?

thanks

Likely To Sell Out
Skip the Line: St Peter’s and Sistine...
23,069 reviews
from US$76.50*
Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: Sistine Chapel Viewing...
531 reviews
from US$413.60*
Likely To Sell Out
Ancient Rome and Colosseum Tour...
2,853 reviews
from US$124.10*
Skip the Line: Ancient Rome and...
11,649 reviews
from US$57.50*
Cave Creek, Arizona
Level Contributor
77 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel or B&B recommendation near Vatican

I have found a couple of promising places near the Vatican:

Alla fontana di Borgo Pio

Aparthotel Roma

Domus Manlii

Townhouse 62

Does anyone have any information on these?

thanks

pittsburgh
Level Contributor
193 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel or B&B recommendation near Vatican

We stayed in A Touch of Rome and loved it. Just minutes from the Vatican and the Metro. Thy have sister properties, A View of Rome and a Piece of Rome and all are highly rated.

Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
200 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel or B&B recommendation near Vatican

I suggest Inn Urbe Vaticano. It's only 5 minutes walk to the Vatican. You can find them on tripadvisor and my review should be available in the next hours I guess.

4. Re: Hotel or B&B recommendation near Vatican

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 July 2015, 05:15