We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling to Rome with 3 kids

Islamabad, Pakistan
Level Contributor
22 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Travelling to Rome with 3 kids

Hi. I am travelling to Rome with my 3 kids ages 10, 14, and 16. I want to stay for 2 or 3 days in Rome and then head towards the Tuscany region. While looking for accommodation it's very pricey to find something in central Rome like the area close to the Pantheon or the Trevi fountain which is suitable to stay with 3 kids. I am really looking for a quaint little, authentic Italian bnb or guest house where my children can experience the Italian hospitality with nice eating places close by but which would cost me around 100-150 € a night.

Secondly, is it a good idea to stay in the Vatican area because it's easier to find good accommodation and yet explore all the major tourist attractions.

Looking forward to you suggestions.

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
32,765 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling to Rome with 3 kids

I stayed near the Vatican last summer with my family and loved it. There was a really nice family run restaurant just around the corner from where we stayed. We easily took the bus into the city or walked if chose to do that. I would stay there again without hesitation. It's not a fancy hotel, it's very small. The rooms were bigger than expected but with the quad, we were all in the same room. It was fine for us because there was enough room, we just had to share a single bathroom which slowed us down a little in the morning.

They do have quads and also rooms for 5.

http://www.hotelsanpietro.com/en

Donna

Islamabad, Pakistan
Level Contributor
22 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling to Rome with 3 kids

Thank you Donna. I checked the website and it doesn't give rates per night. Would you mind sharing how much they charged and also if they offer free breakfast. In addition did you find it easy to locate the property on your first day.

Edited: 27 July 2014, 14:53
pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
32,765 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelling to Rome with 3 kids

I booked them through Venere.com well in advance and paid 100 euros per night for a quad room. They do have a nice breakfast every morning but the dining room is very small. The hotel is very easy to find. We used romecabs.com as a private transfer and they took us right to the door.

Donna

Edited: 28 July 2014, 07:25
4. Re: Travelling to Rome with 3 kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 July 2015, 05:16