We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Days in Rome

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lander, Wyoming
12 posts
Save Topic
Days in Rome

Hi,

I'll be going to Italy late October/ Early November. I'll be at a cooking school in La Marche for 6 days & then plan on spending a few days in Umbria. How many days would be good for Rome? I'll be flying in & out of there. Thanks!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
23,572 posts
519 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Days in Rome

"How many days would be good for Rome?"

What do you want to see?

Rome, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
5,157 posts
611 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Days in Rome

Rome is an amazing city, packed full of art, history, and architecture …. if you have a week or so to spare, and you're already in Italy, why not stay and explore the Eternal City at a pleasant pace? If you are into food, which I am assuming since you are coming to Italy for a cooking class, you could also spend some time exploring the many markets and sample Rome's food scene. Believe me, a week can fly by ...

3. Re: Days in Rome

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 July 2014, 13:27
pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
31,242 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Days in Rome

The number of days needed really depends on what you want to see and do. You may find 3 days enough or you may find that you need more or less. Let us know what you want to do and we can tell you how many days you'll need to do it.

donna

5. Re: Days in Rome

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2014, 12:20
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
53 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Days in Rome

As its your first visit to Roma I would easily suggest at least a week there to explore. There is so much to do and see you wont run out of options!

One of my favourite things to do is just wander. Every street you wander down you will discover something new. And always allow for time to people watch from a cafe or bar.

I can highly recommend a food walking tour if you are interested in that:

http://www.eatingitalyfoodtours.com/

Taste Of Testaccio - I did this last year and an absolute highlight. They have more available online.

The best way to see the city is to walk but make sure you plan your day so you are not back and forth across the city.

Enjoy Roma!

7. Re: Days in Rome

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 19 September 2015, 05:16