We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First 2 days on our own

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
391 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
First 2 days on our own

We will be part of a 2 wk tour w 3 nts in Rome our first day we will arrive in the morning about 9:15 we will be on our own for 2 days have no idea what to do may I have some suggestions, 3rd day will be on an all day tour of the Vatican, Sistine Chapel & Colisseum Would appreciate any info Thank You

Hammonton, New...
Level Contributor
50 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First 2 days on our own

Your best bet is to get a guidebook and see what interests you. If you don't want to buy a guidebook, go to your local library and check one out. Or check out the attractions here on Trip Advisor:

tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g187791-Activiti…

Once you have an idea of what you would like to see we can help you refine your itinerary. But, none of us can really make suggestions for you as we don't know what you're interested in.

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
33,187 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First 2 days on our own

I agree, a guide book is the best source for finding information about the sites and what might be of interest to you. There are hundreds of sites in Rome worth visiting and a guide book will list them and give a brief description of them.

Donna

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
391 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First 2 days on our own

Thanks I will keep the guidebook in mind I do not know what hotel we will be staying yet so I will wait until we find out. Like I said we will be part of a tour except for the 2days I am sure we will be meeting people who will be on the same tour staying at the same hotel.

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
33,187 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First 2 days on our own

I'm sure you can call to find out the name of your hotel. You can also find out exactly which sites are covered on your tour day. Work your first two days around those sites so you don't visit them twice and waste time.

Donna

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
3,177 posts
319 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First 2 days on our own

Consider the city bus HOHO red #110. It covers over 80 sightseeing destinations in a 2. 5 hour loop. Ticket good for 24 hours. Audio guide. Sit on top in front for the best views. Great overview of the highlights. Take the loop and then again and get off at the places of interest or take the Metro which is very easy to use. As previously suggested purchase a few guide books. Each will give you a different perspective on the same sights. Happy travels!

Folsom, California
11 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: First 2 days on our own

I suggest taking those two days and just stroll at your pace. I spent an entire day accidentally walking through Borghese Park, which was not in any of the guide books I read. Sit in a cafe and people watch. Enjoy the city without being on a schedule!

Buon Viaggio!

7. Re: First 2 days on our own

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 August 2015, 06:16