We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rome in November - any good for sightseeing?

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
57 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Rome in November - any good for sightseeing?

We are considering a trip to Rome in November as prices are cheaper. Can you still go all the tourist things? Is the weather any better than the UK?

Thanks.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
82,301 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rome in November - any good for sightseeing?

All the sights are open all year. It is impossible to say what the weather will be like in November 2014, but it is likely to be better than in UK.

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
30,823 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rome in November - any good for sightseeing?

I love Rome in November. The weather has never been a factor for me. I don't really care if it's rainy or not. To me a little rain just means less crowds.

Donna

in Europa
Level Contributor
9 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rome in November - any good for sightseeing?

the lowest prices of the hotels are probably from January 7 to February 28...

November so so.

Rome, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
5,120 posts
556 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rome in November - any good for sightseeing?

November is a great time to visit Rome. There may be some rain, but I prefer the cooler weather versus comparing it to summer. The best thing is that the crowds are gone. While you will always find quite a few visitors at the Vatican Museums and the Colosseum, it is much more manageable in winter. And for less-visited places, in winter we've practically had some museums all to ourselves. Similarly, while very popular restaurants may still require reservations, in winter it's easier to make last-minute reservations or just drop in to restaurants/

scotland
Level Contributor
329 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rome in November - any good for sightseeing?

I've been to Rome end Nov/ early Dec time and the weather was considerably warmer than the UK but it rained solid for 3 days... torrential rain which led to me not enjoying it as much as other visits.

Its incredibly hard to predict the weather though..

It was also much less crowded than Spring/summer time.

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
20,037 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rome in November - any good for sightseeing?

I have visited Rome in Dec and Feb and coming frionm a cold climate, I found the weather delightlful. The most rain I encountered on a wi9nter trip to Rome was in 2005 when it rained on 5 days out of the 10 that we visited It only rained all day on one of those days.

Rome Dec 2006

www.slowphotos.com/photo/showphoto.php…

7. Re: Rome in November - any good for sightseeing?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 August 2015, 05:16