We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel with early check in near Termini

R Y
Calgary
Level Contributor
101 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel with early check in near Termini

My husband and I will be arriving in Rome at 9am from overseas and are looking for a hotel than would accommodate an early check in so that we can sleep a little before venturing out. We will go to Florence the next day by train and thought staying near Termini would be convenient. Any suggestions?

NY
Level Contributor
3,632 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel with early check in near Termini

You can search and ask, but hotels post their check in times and if they mention early check in at all they will say something like if rooms are available it may be possible. Or, you can wait until you arrive to ask. To make sure you can reserve a room for the night before also and be sure to explain you will not be arriving that night but early the next morning. I do not see how hotels can promise for sure an early check in like in the morning when they could be renting out the room for the night before.

Anyway, good luck

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
41,413 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel with early check in near Termini

I've never had a hotel guarantee an early check-in; they know not to make such a guarantee so you can ask and I'd guess they will say they will try to accommodate you but you can't count on that as being a solid guarantee - at all.

You can drop your bags at your hotel (whichever you choose) and just stay outside for a few hours before check-in (the sun is good when jet lagged), have a nice lunch outside and enjoy your surroundings. I think you will probably surprise yourself in not wanting to nap right away - it is very exciting to be a new place especially one has lively and vibrant as Rome - I usually succumb to a 1 hour nap around 3 or 4 in the afternoon.

IF you take a nap - set your alarm, or you can end up sleeping for hours and then your internal clock can be messed up for days.

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
467 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel with early check in near Termini

Try the Napoleon Hotel, I'd be surprised if they can't helpyou.

montreal
Level Contributor
1,396 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel with early check in near Termini

We have the same itinerary. arriving at 9:30am and leaving next day at 9:00am also. I think your best bet might be a larger hotel because they might have some rooms that were not used previous night. We decided to book UNA Rome near termini station. Just like you i am really hoping i can check in early instead of late afternoon.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
3,094 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel with early check in near Termini

Some hotels, if rooms are available, might do this for one-half the room rate.

6. Re: Hotel with early check in near Termini

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 August 2015, 06:17