We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 days in 1st Week of Oct: Suggested Itinerary

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Delhi, India
3 posts
Save Topic
4 days in 1st Week of Oct: Suggested Itinerary

Hi!

We'll be visiting Rome in the 1st week of Oct for our honeymoon. We're not the go-go-go type couple and wanted to take it easy yet not take all of 4 days to cover the sights and hopefully fit in a day trip (Florence? Suggestions welcome!)

I've shortlisted some of the must-sees but am unable to figure out the Itinerary (not sure what takes how long and when's the best time of the day to visit each attraction). Also, which of these should I ideally pre-book - hate standing in lines!

Feel free to add to/remove from this list. Any help on an Itinerary would be highly appreciated :)

1) Vatican

2) Colloseum

3) Scavi guided tour

4) Galleria borghese and the gardens

5) Spanish steps

6) Trevi Fountain

7) Pantheon

8) Roman Forum

Thanks!

Karan

Ocean City, MD
Level Contributor
9,453 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 days in 1st Week of Oct: Suggested Itinerary

If you mean the Vatican Museums when you say "Vatican", I'd prebook the Museum tickets to skip the lines. Once in, it's about a 30 minute walk to see the Sistine Chapel. You visit could be 1 hr to 5 hrs, depending totally upon your interests.

mv.vatican.va

St. Peters Basilica is free, there is a security line which moves fairly quickly. It's about a 20 minute walk around the wall between the Museums and St. Peters Square.

The Scavi Tour under St. Peters is by reservation only. Type - Scavi Tour - in the search box above the posts for the email address.

The Colosseum and Forums are a joint ticket. Look to the right under Top Questions and Donna has provided information on skipping the lines. Again, depending on your interests, you could spend 2 - 5 hrs.

The Galleria Borghese is a reserved 'timed' visit, you must make a reservation for your 2 hour visit.

#'s 5, 6 & 7 are free, you'll walk by the Trevi Fountain on your way to the Pantheon. I'm not sure, but I think the Pantheon closes at 7 p.m The Trevi Fountain is dry and under a restoration process until 2015, there's a walkway for photo ops.

The fountain at the bottom of the Spanish Steps is also under restoration. IMHO, the Spanish Steps would be closer to the bottom of my list of things to see.

Your guidebook will have a map showing the proximity of the sites.

2. Re: 4 days in 1st Week of Oct: Suggested Itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 August 2015, 06:18