Hi, I just had a few questions that maybe people could help me with.
Here is our rough plan of what we are doing. Things are still not set in stone:
* Friday, Sept. 12, 2014 -
- My flight lands in Rome at 9:45 AM (we will be flyng over night from NC/USA)
- check into hotel/drop off bags
-do Vatican City (St. Peters Basilica, climb dome, St. Peter's Square)
-do Vatican Museums/Sistine Chapel during Night Hours
-I have a request into the Excavations Office for the Vatican Scavi Tour (timeframe I stated 1 PM - Close), my fingers are that we can get tickets
*Saturday, Sept. 13, 2014 -
- Colosseum/Roman Forum/Palatine Hill
- This is the other date I gave the Excavations Office at Vatican for the Vatican Scavi Tour (timeframe I stated open until 11:AM)
- 2:15 PM take Walks of Italy - Crypts, Bones & Catacombs Underground Tour of Rome (It's 3.5 hours)
- Possibly take the Night Underground Colosseum Tour (8 PM)
*Sunday, Sept. 14, 2014 -
- 3:00 PM Lazio Soccer Game at the Stadio Olimpico
* Monday, Sept. 15, 2014-
- 11:20 AM flight home to the USA
Somethings I will try to fit into the trip but haven't planned the day/time yet:
- Trevi Fountain
- Popolo Square
- Ara Pacis Augustae
- get Gelato:)
- National Museum of Rome or Galleria Borghese or Capitoline Museums
1) How long does it take to get from the airport to somewhere close to the City's center? What is the best way to get to the city's center?
2) If we get tickets to the Vatican Museums/Sistine chapel during the night hours does that mean we cannot enter until the listed time on the ticket which is 7:00 PM?
3) Do people recommend the Underground Colosseum tour during the day or at night. We are leaning towards the night tour, but are not sure.
4) Which museum would people recommend between the three - National Museum of Rome or Galleria Borghese or Capitoline Museums?
5) Recommendations for hotel where a lot of what we want to do would be walkable? I would say for a hotel/loding we don't want to break the bank.
Please feel free to add suggestions or ideas. This whole trip has all come together really quickly. We just finalized that we were going to do this yesterday, so I am scrambling a bit to research and get things booked. I appreciate all of your help. Thank you! Have a great day:)