We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reputable ATM 's

san francisco
Level Contributor
781 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
Reputable ATM 's

Hi any recommendations for ATM machines in Rome ? I'm staying just off via nazionale

Thanks

Best Seller
Skip the Line: St Peter’s and Sistine...
22,966 reviews
from US$75.90*
Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: Sistine Chapel Viewing...
528 reviews
from US$410.40*
Best Seller
Ancient Rome and Colosseum Tour...
2,818 reviews
from US$123.10*
Special Offer
Skip the Line: Ancient Rome and...
11,606 reviews
from US$57.10*
US$63.40
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
89,122 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reputable ATM 's

In Italy, all the ATMs are operated by banks. All of them are reputable, and none of them charge a fee for withdrawals. There are many hundreds of bancomats in Rome.

Bergen County, New...
Level Contributor
4,196 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reputable ATM 's

There are far more card-skimming rip-off attachments in the U.S. than in Italy. Have you checked whether your bank has any "correspondent" banks where maybe you'll get a break on the home bank's fee, or some other reason to use a particular brand? Alas, the break on conversion frees for Bank Of America in some countries is no more.

CA
Level Contributor
8,330 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reputable ATM 's

That's close to two of our favorite restaurants--Antica Boheme and Al Boschetto.

san francisco
Level Contributor
781 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Reputable ATM 's

Thanks for your input I felt like there was a deutsche bank there I used before ?

Passo Corese, Italy
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Reputable ATM 's

Yes - I think I have seen a Deutsche Bank ATM in Prati, near the Vatican, on via Cola di Rienzo.

rome
Level Contributor
2,212 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Reputable ATM 's

I don't remember any deutsche bank near via nazionale, but there is one on torre argentina, closer than cola di rienzo.

Rome, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
5,905 posts
675 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Reputable ATM 's

There's a Deutsch Bank on Via del Tritone where it meets the tunnel. It's a little bit of a walk for you (5-10 minutes), and it means walking through the tunnel under the Quirinale. Once you emerge, look to the left.

QQ2
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
8,051 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Reputable ATM 's

…state.gov/content/…italy.html

In its country info on Italy, under the "safety and security" tab, the US Dept. of State provides info on security issues with Italian ATMS and offers advice on how to use them safely.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
89,122 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Reputable ATM 's

The only issue it deals with is card skimming at ATMs, which is just as likely to occur in the USA.

10. Re: Reputable ATM 's

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2015, 05:18