We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus routes

uk
Destination Expert
for Island of Gozo
Level Contributor
1,981 posts
Save Topic
Bus routes

Would I be able to pick up a bus route when we get to rome I find it difficult to read not knowing which way the buses are going we need 64 bus from termini and get off after largo Argentina. Any help would be most appreciated thanks

Likely To Sell Out
Skip the Line: St Peter’s and Sistine...
23,072 reviews
from US$76.30*
Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: Sistine Chapel Viewing...
531 reviews
from US$413.00*
Likely To Sell Out
Ancient Rome and Colosseum Tour...
2,853 reviews
from US$123.90*
Skip the Line: Ancient Rome and...
11,650 reviews
from US$57.40*
Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,725 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus routes

The 64 bus starts at Termini station, so there's no fear of getting on a bus going in the wrong direction. Largo Argentina is a major stop, where lots of people will get off. The 64 bus usually has an electronic display showing the upcoming stop.

There are bus maps for sale at newsstands. The complete ones are very detailed and hard to figure out. I once bought a small laminated bus map that has just the major routes serving the very central part of Rome. It's not as complete, but much easier to read.

Google Maps now has the complete ATAC schedules, so you can use that to plan your route. It's important to specify the day of week and time of day you'll be traveling.

uk
Destination Expert
for Island of Gozo
Level Contributor
1,981 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus routes

Thank you will do that

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,927 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus routes

In front of termini station is the bus station for the metro buses...every day I would just walk uo to the information booth and ask I want to go to...(attraction) pevavore? And they would say the bus route, then I would ask where is it? Then they would say the bus platform...you only get what you ask for in italy! Always helpful....no tickets here..you need to get them inside the station at the newsagent or at any tabacci shop.♡

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
28,948 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus routes

And you need to validate your ticket on the bus.

Passo Corese, Italy
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus routes

Note though that only the newer, dark-red buses come with an electronic monitor displaying the name of the next stop. All the others don't.

Edited: 10 August 2014, 16:54
6. Re: Bus routes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2015, 06:16