We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 Days in Rome

NewYork
Level Contributor
26 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
4 Days in Rome

Dear All,

Need help in planning out a 4 day itinerary in Rome. We have 3 full days and 4th day until 4:30 PM as we have a 5:30 PM train out of Roma Termi.

We have SATURDAY, SUNDAY, MONDAY and TUESDAY. First time visiting rome and want to cover top things to do. Could you please take a look at following itnerary and suggest what can i include for Sunday. Is my saturday too much to cover. Should i spread those sights between saturday and sunday. Please help!

SATURDAY

Colosseum,Roman Forum,Palatine Hill area,Piazza Navona,Pantheon,

Trevi Fountain (Fontana di Trevi)

SUNDAY

San Giovanni in Laterano (The Mother of All Churches)

MONDAY

Castel Sant Angelo (and Ponte Sant Angelo),Vatican Museum (and Sistine Chapel)

St. Peter's Basilica

TUESDAY

Galleria Borghese (The Queen of Private Art Collections)

Thanks!

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
33,946 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 Days in Rome

Is Saturday the day you arrive in Rome? If yes, I would only visit the colosseum, forum and palatine hill. Add the additional sites to Sunday. Also, be aware that you won't be able to tour churches while services are being conducted. Check your guide book for other sites in those areas that may interest you. You should have time to fit in a few more things each day.

Donna

LI
Level Contributor
82 posts
531 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4 Days in Rome

Could you suggest a good overview of Rome bus tour, that we could take our first morning. We intend to spend time at each individual site later on.

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
33,946 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4 Days in Rome

The HO/HO buses aren't as good as they once were. They cannot get close to most of the sites because they are in pedestrian zones.

Donna

LI
Level Contributor
82 posts
531 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 4 Days in Rome

Does any bus offer an overview tour., not a hop in hop off I thought there were panoramic tours. Thank you

5. Re: 4 Days in Rome

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2015, 06:17