We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus and tram frequencies

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Uk
Level Contributor
348 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Bus and tram frequencies

Does anyone know how often the 62 bus between Tiburtina Station and San Pietro runs on both Sundays and weekdays? Also the number 3 tram route? I can find times of the first and last services but not the frequencies.

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
20,262 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus and tram frequencies

Except on Sunday when some bus lines don't run, the least frequent I have seen a bus or tram line run is every 30 min. I have not used tram 3 as often as tram 8. Tram 8 runs really frequently like every 10 or 15 min.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
3,048 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus and tram frequencies

Have you tried poking around at the ATAC site? It's not the most user friendly, but it appears to me that the #62 is about every 20 minutes, both weekdays and Sundays. The number 3 is apparently a bus right now and is about every 6 or 7 minutes for weekdays. For some reason I can't get the Sunday schedule to come up.

Hopefully that helps. Happy travels.

rome
Level Contributor
2,122 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus and tram frequencies

62 has a 13-15 min frequency for most of the day during the week, and on sundays up to 23min. 3 is a bus, 5-6 min frequency on weekdays, sundays less, neither atac website nor the app are willing to show the sunday schedule for 3 at the moment.

Uk
Level Contributor
348 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus and tram frequencies

Thanks all.

I did try the ATAC website but it was playing up and not giving me anything useful. I've just tried it in Internet Explorer instead of Chrome and it seems to work much better.

So is route 3 usually a tram but being replaced by a bus at the moment? If that is the case will that change between now and early October?

Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
12,480 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus and tram frequencies

Parts of the #3 route have been a bus for years, so I wouldn't expect any quick changes.

Passo Corese, Italy
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus and tram frequencies

By October, line n. 3 will be a tram again; they're just doing ordinary maintenance works which will end before this September.

And yes, trams pass every 15/20 minutes (it's a long line and riding it from end to end would take an hour or so). Tram line n.19 shares the same tracks but goes somewhere else, so watch out.

Edited: 18 August 2014, 09:59
7. Re: Bus and tram frequencies

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2015, 05:17