We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Another question on Apple Products and charging them

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
239 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Another question on Apple Products and charging them

Leaving in two days for Italy and so confused! Do I need a converter for charging my apple products or just an adapter?? I keep getting different answers when I ask at electronic stores :/

United States
Level Contributor
9,695 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Another question on Apple Products and charging them

I have numerous Apple products and they all can be charged with just a prong adapter.

TAB

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
239 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Another question on Apple Products and charging them

Thank you!

Portland, OR
Destination Expert
for Positano
Level Contributor
6,459 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Another question on Apple Products and charging them

Just an adapter. If you have more than one item that needs charging, it is a good idea to bring a short extension cord - just plug the extension cord into the wall with the adapter, then plug all of your devices into the extension cord to charge them.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
26,684 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Another question on Apple Products and charging them

Charging my iPad as I type. We started with a power converter, but then I plugged the hair dryer into it in Tuscany.... Been working with just a plug adapter since then. We keep an eye on it as it heats up a lot, so we don't leave it plugged in overnight or for long stretches, just to be safe, but it's been fine.

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
33,664 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Another question on Apple Products and charging them

Most apple products are dual voltage so a plug adapter is the only thing you need. If uncertain, check their plugs to see if they have both voltages listed.

Donna

Aubrey, Texas
Level Contributor
10,527 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Another question on Apple Products and charging them

Agree with everybody and we also do as Engred says.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
87,005 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Another question on Apple Products and charging them

There is no reason why a plug adaptor should heat up. It does not have any circuitry, just copper wires connecting the European pins to the US sockets. And the amount of current drawn to charge an iPad is tiny.

If your adaptor is getting hot, it has a fault and should be replaced.

8. Re: Another question on Apple Products and charging them

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2015, 07:16