Hi, we are planning a trip to Rome with our 18 month old in early March for 5 nights / 4 days. My husband and I have been to Rome once before but didn't pay attention to anything baby related so I have a few questions.
1. We are planning on renting an apartment so we have a bit more space. Are there any areas to avoid / what would be a good place to stay? We would prefer to be as central as possible.
2. We have a pram but I believe it may be difficult to use on Rome streets - should we just use a sling or would a pram be useful for certain scenarios?
3. Do restaurants often have high chairs and how easy are changing facilities to find?
4. We plan on spending alot of time just wandering around but would like to do a couple of tours - probably the colloseum as we didn't do that last time and maybe just a generic walking tour. Should we go for something that specifically says it is child friendly or will most tours not mind you turning up with a baby?
5. Are there any English speaking companies based in Rome that provide a babysitting service? I'm not sure yet how comfortable I would be using such a service but thought I may as well do some research
Any help with the above and any other advice on travelling with a young child would be much appreciated!