We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Calling from US to make reservations

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Orleans...
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Calling from US to make reservations

Hi everyone!

I'm visiting Rome in a few weeks and have been trying to put together an itinerary and buy all my tickets. However, I'm running into lots of things that require telephone calls to book if I'm using a roma pass like an underground colosseum tour and a time slot at villa borghese. I don't want to wait until I'm there to schedule these things, but I'm not sure how to make these phone calls. So, what are the cheapest and easiest ways to do this?? I have an AT&T cell phone and no landline if that helps. Any solutions you could provide would be great. Thanks!

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
31,405 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Calling from US to make reservations

Sorry, I've only ever made these calls from a landline so I can't help with the cell phone issue.

You can try emailing the colosseum at: roma@coopculture.it

to see if they can book for you. Just let them know that you don't have a way to call them to make the booking.

For the Borghese gallery you can try: ecomm.customerservice@tosc.it.

I don't know if you can book this way but it's worth a shot. Just let them know the issue of the phone and give them all your information including dates, times and how many people.

Donna

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
176 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Calling from US to make reservations

Use Skype. Calls are $0.03 cents per minute.

Download the app, connect via Wi-Fi, that's it.

Saxapahaw, North...
Level Contributor
432 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Calling from US to make reservations

Skype is a great idea. I used my cell phone and ended up spending $70 for three phone calls. Ugh. My husband was very angry!

New Orleans...
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Calling from US to make reservations

Thanks very much for the great ideas! I think I'm going to give skype a try. It sure would have been nice to have a week ago when trying to track down some luggage that got lost between Paris and Budapest!

rome
Level Contributor
2,098 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Calling from US to make reservations

Doesn't the borghese have a tollfree reservation number?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,129 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Calling from US to make reservations

Skype, add $10.00, it will last a long time. Call any phone in the world.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,858 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Calling from US to make reservations

I didn't have to call for Rome, but needed to call to see the Last Supper in Milan. I had so much trouble getting through from Australia that I emailed our hotel and they did it for me.

Maybe you could try emailing your Rome hotel and have them call if the previous options don't work out.

Cranford
Level Contributor
48 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Calling from US to make reservations

BTW, you can book a timeslot at the Borghese Gallery online, and don't need to make a phonecall

9. Re: Calling from US to make reservations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2015, 07:17