We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

prebooking tickets and advice

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
41 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
prebooking tickets and advice

Hi everyone.I'm hoping for a bit of guidance about prebooking tours.

colleseum under ground tour - my boyfriend and I are keen to do this but want to check a coupe of details. Can I pre book tour tickets but go to the forum and palatine hill the day before then do the colleseum and tour the next day? If I get my ticket from the forum om hoping to skip the line at the colleseum and only have to get the tour tickets. would that work? Is it possible?

also we want to visit the vatican (basilica + dome and museum). We were thinking of doing the duomo first and then booking afternoon tickets for the museum. does everyone think this is a good order to do the vatican in? I want to enjoy the museum so am hoping it will be slightly less crowded that way round.

For both events can i print off confirmation at home? I don't have a home printer so am hoping it's like an e ticket that is emailed and I can print at work.

One final question. I read that a lot of museums are closed on Mondays. Any suggestions for what we could do? We already have day trips to florence and naples booked (trains) and a day trip to tivoli and ostia antic planed (we are in rome for 10 days).

thanks

Colosseum Motorcycle Center
Sightseeing Tours, Equipment Hire, Vespa, Scooter & Moped Tours
SPB Tours Mediterranean Rome
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, City Tours, Private Tours
Exclusiveissimo
Sightseeing Tours, Food Tours, City Tours, Private Tours, Shopping Tours
Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
41 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: prebooking tickets and advice

Any feedback is welcome

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
43,678 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: prebooking tickets and advice

Info about booking underground Colosseum tour:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187791-i22-k72049…

The Vatican Museums are crowded/busy all the day through - no way to know if it might be more so or less at any given time.

The Vatican Museums are open on Monday (as they are closed on Sunday) - so why not go then - there are also other places open on Monday - your guidebook will have that info for the sites you want to see and I always then confirm opening times with official websites of my chosen sites even if my guidebook is very recent.

I always print my tickets/confirmations so never pay attention as to whether it is fine to just use a device - I would never trust that as batteries run out, etc so I just print - Maybe someone else will have that info for you

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
37,257 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: prebooking tickets and advice

For the Vatican museums you can use your phone or other device to show your confirmation.

I'm not sure about the colosseum as I always either print my tickets or pick them up on site.

donna

Mentioned in this post
Vatican
Vatican
234 Reviews
Rome, Italy
Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
41 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: prebooking tickets and advice

Thanks that's great :-)

5. Re: prebooking tickets and advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2015, 05:16