We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping for gift

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Centennial, CO
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Topic
Shopping for gift

It's my wife's birthday shortly after my return from Italy, so purchasing a birthday present is one of my top things to do in Rome. Unfortunately she will not be there to pick it out herself. Current idea is a good quality Italian silk scarf. Looking for some suggestions on where to buy that type of item and what I should expect to pay. Not looking for a cheap knockoff from a street vendor; willing to pay a fair price for quality material and design but don't want to be ripped off either. Thanks for your help.

Rome, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
5,120 posts
556 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shopping for gift

I've seen some very pretty hand-painted silk scarves here: http://www.sciunnach.com/en/ -- the shop is just behind the Pantheon in Piazza della Minerva, 75, so it's in an area you would definitely visit if you were doing some traditional sight-seeing. Not sure about the price as I didn't buy one, but they were certainly lovely.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,550 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shopping for gift

I love the scarfs of Faliero Sarti (cashmeres or cashmere and silk) and they have a shop on Via Vittoria. Another great source is Etro.

Centennial, CO
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Shopping for gift

Thanks very much for the suggestions. I have a couple of afternoons set aside to walk and explore Rome where I can stop by these stores and see what catches my eye.

Livonia, Michigan
Level Contributor
205 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Shopping for gift

I second the motion for the shop just around the corner from Pantheon (as described by SpanishSteps in earlier post). A really lovely selection. A few years ago I bought a beautiful Missoni scarf from this store, cannot remember the price but I can tell you it was not over-the-top.

5. Re: Shopping for gift

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2015, 05:17