We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Italy when is it the best time to go ?

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Italy when is it the best time to go ?

I want to go with my kids, for spring break which is the first week of March , so the prior and post weekends would give me the dates of Feb 28 to March 8 ...9 days or should I go when school is out basically last week of June , first week of July....

I like to do a package deal with flexibility and suggests ?

Level Contributor
1,281 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Italy when is it the best time to go ?

Go in early March! Low season, lower prices, and much less crowds around.

sfc
Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
617 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Italy when is it the best time to go ?

Rome, in July, will most likely be very hot.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Italy when is it the best time to go ?

Rome in July will also be insanely crowded.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Italy when is it the best time to go ?

I'm doing searches and I'm finding absolutely nothing as terms as direct flights leaving Montreal to Rome during spring break first week of March. The only thing I'm finding is one stop flights. I always thought spring break was high season for travel.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
27,758 posts
538 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Italy when is it the best time to go ?

We went late March this past year and the weather was good, but it was extremely crowded.

Edited: 28 August 2014, 15:32
Level Contributor
1,281 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Italy when is it the best time to go ?

it's high season for northern americans, we don't have any spring break in Italy (we have Easter holidays but they are later).

Probably end of march is more crowded, but i think end of february-early march is one of the few low season moments in Rome.

Maryland
Level Contributor
1,497 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Italy when is it the best time to go ?

Definitely go in the low season for less crowds and cost. Lots of North America families go during Spring Break but early March is not the peak of Spring Break so you should be fine. Good thing you are looking now, book as soon as you find the best deals.

Right now connecting through London Heathrow via Britiish Airways is going for below $800.00 for your stated dates. Check for expiration date requirements for every individual's passport to be on the safe side.

Enjoy your planning.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
19,825 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Italy when is it the best time to go ?

Changing planes once is probably what more transatlantic travellers do than fly direct. Sometimes there is no direct flight, sometimes flying via a European or North American hub gives you a much cheaper deal than a direct flight. That flight via London would be an example of that

Edited: 28 August 2014, 18:00
New Delhi, India
13 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Italy when is it the best time to go ?

You should prefer your march trip, July will be hot in italy

10. Re: Italy when is it the best time to go ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2015, 06:16