We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rome in early March

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Iloilo City...
Level Contributor
36 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Rome in early March

Hi, would like to know what the setting is for Rome in early March (1st two weeks). Would it be crowded? What the weather is like? Do we need to book early for hotels?

Thanks!

Arlington, Texas
Level Contributor
937 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rome in early March

James, I find Rome lovely the first two weeks of March! :) It could be cool, but it could also warm up by then. Just remember to pack stuff you can layer. A couple sweaters/sweatshirts. A light jacket.

Rome will already be busy in early March, but not nearly as bad as May! :) Yes, you should book your hotel as soon as you have your flights arranged. If you are staying for 3 or more days, consider booking an apartment instead. (I love having a kitchen for late night snacking and fixing my own breakfast, etc. It is also nice to have a washing machine. AND it's fun to feel like a "local"!)

If I were going in March of 2015, I'd have my flights booked by November and my hotels by 1/1. :)

Buon viaggio!

Iloilo City...
Level Contributor
36 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rome in early March

Thanks for the great tips, Sarge56. It will be our first time to go to Europe, so we really don't know what the weather is like and how long should we be reserving everything. :) Thanks!

Hartlepool, United...
Level Contributor
400 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rome in early March

We go late march and flights and hotel all booked, good deals to be had by booking early

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
22,902 posts
505 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rome in early March

I went late March and weather was awesome. It was crowded though, but that is what you expect when in Rome a place that everyone has heard about with it's history.

5. Re: Rome in early March

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2015, 06:16