We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant Hosteria Roma?

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
12 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant Hosteria Roma?

A friend recommended this restaurant at via Delle Coppelle 41 for our upcoming trip to Rome. However, all I can find on the internet at this location is a listing for "Giaro SNC Di Cirillo Rosa" and I don't understand the Italian descriptions. Is it still a restaurant, perhaps under new ownership/name?

Missouri
Level Contributor
1,054 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant Hosteria Roma?

I'm not seeing that restaurant on Google maps on Via delle Coppole. Maybe your friend has the name wrong? We did eat at Margherita at the west end of the street; it was good.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
7,919 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant Hosteria Roma?

I Googled "via Delle Coppelle 41" - looks like there's a different restaurant there: www.yelp.com/biz/pino-alle-coppelle-roma

There are only 2 reviews, both favorable. You can use Google Translate to get an idea of what they're saying.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
12 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant Hosteria Roma?

Thanks for the input. At this point, I'm trying to determine what "Giaro SNC Di Cirillo Rosa" means and if it's a restaurant. If anyone is familiar with the area, that would be helpful.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
7,919 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant Hosteria Roma?

SNC is a type of general partnership: "Società in nome collettivo". It appears that Giaro SNC Di Cirillo Rosa is one that owns several restaurants in Italy one of which would be Pino Alle Coppelle.

Edited: 29 August 2014, 17:15
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
12 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant Hosteria Roma?

That's extremely helpful - thank you!

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
7,919 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant Hosteria Roma?

To be a little clearer, I think what you're finding are some sort of legal listings. Here in the USA that would be like seeing a corporate owned Taco Bell listed as "Yum! Brands, Inc."

Edited: 29 August 2014, 17:25
7. Re: Restaurant Hosteria Roma?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2015, 06:16