We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Forum audioguide

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Forum audioguide

Hi there. I'm booking my Colosseum tickets online and it gives the option for what they call a Colosseum audioguide, but not one for the Forum. I've heard a guide for the Forum is very useful so I'm wondering if all the info for both venues is included on the one guide? And if you do both venues on different days do you return it one day and collect it again the next? Basically, I don't want to hire one if it doesn't mention the Forum, or if I have to pay twice for it.

Or is a forum tour more informative?

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
32,779 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Forum audioguide

The audio guide for the colosseum is just for the colosseum. There are audio guides you can rent at the forum that are for the forum. They will cost 5 euros.

donna

Australia
Destination Expert
for Pompeii, Herculaneum, Naples
Level Contributor
8,583 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Forum audioguide

Take a tour at the Forum - the audio guide is confusing and out of date.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
3,104 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Forum audioguide

And if you're going to have an ipod or equivalent with you, there are various podcasts you can download of audio guides. I know Ricksteves.com does one for both the Forum and the Colosseum and there must be more out there as well. (The Rick Steves ones are pretty much just recitations of his written guides from his guidebooks.)

You can find those here: https:/…italy

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,338 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Forum audioguide

Just used the forum audioguide. As said above, outdated and nearly useless.

You can pick either one up without buying in advance. Just tell the teller when you pick up your advanced ticket.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Forum audioguide

Thanks guys! Does the Forum offer their own tour then, or would I have to register with an outside company?

Afraid I don't own an ipod but thanks for the suggestion!

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
32,779 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Forum audioguide

Yes, you can book a tour of the forum for 5 euros each. Here are the details:

www.coopculture.it/en/heritage.cfm?id=4

Click on the link for tours to get the specifics of times and days.

Donna

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Forum audioguide

Awesome, thanks so much. I somehow missed that bit of the website!

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
118 posts
327 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Forum audioguide

We returned a few weeks ago from Rome and three of us used the Rick Steve's guides - along with the map provided when we bought out tickets. For us, this was extremely helpful and useful. We could fast forward if there were things we weren't as interested in...or skip out of order. We loaded them onto our cell phones and used headphones to listen. That way, we could still chat amongst ourselves as we toured. We used the RS audio for Colosseum and Forum. These are downloaded for free online.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Forum audioguide

Unfortunately my phone is not sophisticated enough for that, but thanks for the advice! Think I'll try one of the 5 Euro tours Donna linked me to :)

Juno Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
230 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Forum audioguide

Hi Donna,

Do you know if we must call to register for the Forum Tour in advance? We called and bought our Underground/Colosseum tickets and forgot to mention the Forum Tour. Must we call back or can we register for the tour once we hit Rome?