We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best area to stay

Birmingham, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Best area to stay

Hi all, coming to Rome early in October.

Where is the best area of Rom to stay for ease of access to the tourist areas and restaurants in the evening etc. Also any recommendations on hotels or B&B's in those areas would be appreciated

i have a budget of about £100 per night for a double room. I want to see the usual sights like the colosseum etc.

Thanks

Island of Gozo...
Level Contributor
79 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best area to stay

We're staying at Baghirova in Rome on our stay in Rome next September (via del teatro valle & it's a B&B) .. the best area in my opinion is either Piazza Navona/Pantheon area or Trevi/Spanish Steps area .. accomodation in these areas is not cheap but I think it's worth the money .. you can find cheaper accomodations but they're not so central

Edited: 31 August 2014, 16:13
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,537 posts
309 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best area to stay

I would consider any accommodations east of the Tiber, north of the Colosseum, west of Termini, and south of Spagna to be equal geographically. Rome is an excellent pedestrian city. As long as you're in this general zone, you'll have no issues walking to the major sights, finding good restaurants, and accessing transportation. My advice is to limit your search to this area and then choose an individual hotel based on amenities, price, and TA traveller reviews rather than its precise location.

CT
Level Contributor
8 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best area to stay

Best and possibly the more expensive area is the Tridente. Center city and walkable. You could stay further afield but the joy of Rome is walking to dinner and wandering home at a lte hour. Completely safe as well.

Kalispell, Montana...
Level Contributor
1,580 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best area to stay

The monti area would be good for what you are asking for. and there should be plenty in your price range there.

5. Re: Best area to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2015, 06:16