We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train strike

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
242 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Train strike

1. Re: Trenitalia 24 hr Strike - September 20

today, 19:33

If we can change or refund any ticket, should we be doing that now? We are to take a train from Rome to Florence on Sept. 20th? We have various other train tickets booked for different locations and dates. What should I do? i can't seem to open the trenitalia website right now. Will it actually show if my train is cancelled?

United States
Level Contributor
9,587 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train strike

You will not know until 24 hours before the scheduled strike whether or not it's happening. You will have to determine your comfort level with waiting. If you can change your tickets and it will ease your mind, then do so.

There is a page on the Trenitalia site which shows trains which will run even if there is a strike. Check for your train number.

trenitalia.com/cms-file/allegati/trenitalia/…

TAB

Edited: 01 September 2014, 02:04
Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Zadar
Level Contributor
1,361 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train strike

I thought the strike starts 21.00 (9pm) on the 20/9. If you are travelling during the day on the 20/9 as far as I am aware you should be fine. The 24 hours start from 21.00. If you were travelling on 21/9 then you should be worried. That is my understanding.

Level Contributor
1,251 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train strike

Your understanding is correct.

4. Re: Train strike

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2015, 06:16