We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Apartment disaster - help!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
95 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Apartment disaster - help!

I booked a two bedroomed apartment 6 weeks ago with hotel-velvet.com, for me and my dad. They just rang me, and told me it is double booked! All they can offer me is a one bedroomed apartment 'next-door' which is not on their web-site and he has no photos! I am in tears here, this is a trip of a life-time for my dad, and I'm guessing we are too late to get anything else. The rep is telling me it is a nicer more expensive apartment, but we really need two bedrooms [although I guess we could cope - I just don't trust them not to put us in a dump!] Does anyone know where we can book anything suitable at such short notice - we're going on Friday! Please help!

Norfolk England
Level Contributor
311 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Apartment disaster - help!

Arrgghh - you poor thing!

Try this apartment - if it's available it will be cheaper as its a last minute booking. There's a good review on this apartment on Slow Travel.

http://www.vrbo.com/53928

Also, try Giulia at www.SleepinItaly.com - she's hugely helpful and will try and sort something out for you!

Good luck!

Jane

Shrewsbury
Level Contributor
146 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Apartment disaster - help!

Oh no! We stayed in Rome 2 weeks ago at these apartments - www.palazzo-olivia.it and they do have some 2 bedroomed apartments, go to their website and email them, they always respond within an hour. The apartments are gorgeous and the location can't be beat - 2 minutes away from Piazza Navona and 2 minutes away from Campo Di Fiori and the Piazza Farnese, we can't recommend them highly enough. Hope they can help!

Emma

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
747 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Apartment disaster - help!

Hi glastocat,

I am really sorry for that!!

If you don't mind staying outside Rome but absolutely well connected to the center (30 min comfortable train ride) I can maybe arrange something for you. We are fullybooked but I can certainly find a nice, comfortable and cheaper solution for you.

Let me know if it could be helpful.

Forget about this incident and don't worry.................. your holiday will be wonderful.

Have a nice day, Ivano

Massachusetts/Vatica...
Level Contributor
581 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Apartment disaster - help!

Oh no, I hope you are able to arrange something.

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
747 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Apartment disaster - help!

...... maybe "if you don't mind "is not the best way to introduce my post. Would be certainly more correct to say "if you enjoy to be outside".

Sorry for this, just felt to make this note.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
95 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Apartment disaster - help!

Thanks for the recommendations everyone - I'm checking them out now but most things are booked up. We really want to stay centrally - we were two minutes from the Trevi fountain! I don't know what to do, and I'm at work which means I can't do much looking. I'm really fed up, this morning I was all excited and now I'm just worried sick.

Orlando
Level Contributor
856 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Apartment disaster - help!

Try these websites

venere.com

romeur.com

sleepinitaly.com

and if they have nothing there...if you don't mind a B&B try

www.b-b.rm.it

Good Luck!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
95 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Apartment disaster - help!

I've spotted a nice apartment on romecityapartments.com - are they ok? I couldn't go through this twice - I had to take the afternoon off work!

Oxford
Level Contributor
185 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Apartment disaster - help!

Glastocat,

Don't despair! There are a lot of apartments to rent in Rome and you are not in the paek season. As to RomeCityApartments - do a search of the forum using the box at the top of the thread. You will find good reviews and bad reviews for you to weigh up. Also look on SlowTrav.com.

I know exactly how you feel, earlier in the summer we had our apartment booking cancelled and had to scabble around for something else but in the end we ended up somewhere better for less money.

Good LucK!

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
375 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Apartment disaster - help!

Don't forget to check with Rentalinrome, you will find a link at the bottom of this page.