We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Katie and friends- I can go downstairs!!

coxs creek, kentucky
Level Contributor
4,310 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Katie and friends- I can go downstairs!!

Oh joy of Joys !! Does that sound familiar ?? I am sitting on top of the world right now--I know what it is like to be floating in the clouds ! I DID get my confirmation yesterday for the scavi tour. I CAN march down those beautiful stairs ! All of you have been wonderful to keep me in your prayers--( you have been doing that, right?? LOL) and the power of the masses has paid off !! Glory Be, I am excited !! And I am keeping all of you in my prayers that have not received yours yet, I promise !! YIPPEE IIOO

Colosseum Motorcycle Center
Sightseeing Tours, Equipment Hire, Vespa, Scooter & Moped Tours
SPB Tours Mediterranean Rome
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, City Tours, Private Tours
Exclusiveissimo
Sightseeing Tours, Food Tours, City Tours, Private Tours, Shopping Tours
Derby, United...
Level Contributor
868 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Katie and friends- I can go downstairs!!

GREAT news wittyone !!! i can tell by your post that you're excited : )

glad you'll be keepig everyone else in your prayers til they get the good news too (a lesser person may have not LOL)...how long til you go ?

XxEm

coxs creek, kentucky
Level Contributor
4,310 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Katie and friends- I can go downstairs!!

Thank you emmabro !! Of course I will keep everyone in my prayers!! We must always try to give back something when we receive something wonderful !!!

I am going back to Italy on the 4th of November---Yikes, I know that is only two weeks away!! Our scavi tour is set for Tuesday the 7th. I am very excited, but I would have still been very excited just to have the good fortune to be able to return to Rome had I not received the confirmation for the scavi tour. I have a list of 7,988,496,856,987,067 churches to visit while there already so I will be going non-stop(while also making the time to sit in a piazza and sip cappucino and vino and slurp gelato and gobble pizza and pasta and olio) and I have a list of 4 zillion other places I want to see ! Yeah, I am excited, but I will honestly be very sad for anyone who doesn't get their chance. I do think there is hope for everyone though.

Omaha, NE
Level Contributor
410 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Katie and friends- I can go downstairs!!

HOORAY!! Oh, joy of joys is right! Fantastic news!! See, I told you so! I knew you would get it.

I loved that moment when I saw a message from "ufficio scavi" in my email inbox. I knew that it was "the one." I bet your heart skipped a few beats when you saw that, huh. I know mine did!

I'm so excited for you!

WOW. Two weeks away! Holy moly. We leave a month from tomorrow and I'm so excited.

Congrats Donna! Get your stair-walking shoes ready!

Love,

Katie

Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
77 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Katie and friends- I can go downstairs!!

Congrats Wittyone!! You do sound so excited. I have been waiting for mine each day and still have not received it. Of course, I discovered these forums too late and did not try to reserve until about three weeks ago so I am not expecting one. If I get it, it will be a pleasant surprise. I am arriving the same day as you - the 4th - we will see.....

I am going to go check my email now!

Congratulations!!!

Any more firm plans on where you will go after Rome?

coxs creek, kentucky
Level Contributor
4,310 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Katie and friends- I can go downstairs!!

Thank you Katie of Joys!!! I kept the faith and I know that I had help on here !! I am very, very excited--actually my husband spotted the e-mail and came to get me so I could have the pleasure of opening it---I almost fell on the floor!!! I was too excited to even post it last night--trembling hands--tears of joy--------soooooo, I posted it on here in not one --but two different places !! I am terrible, aren't I !!! Well it is only two weeks--I am still not ready ! But I know that you are!!! It seems like only yesterday that I still had a month to wait! The time will start to go very, very fast for you now !!!! Now, I have to prepare myself for "how" to walk down those magnificent stairs ! Should I run or walk gracefully ?? I am going to practice on my own stairs!LOL! Do you have a problem with claustrophobia, Katie ?? I never have been in a situation where it got the best of me, but I have never been overly fond of tight spaces. Hopefully I will be too distracted to think about that part of it. I feel so sorrrry for the lady that was not able to go in at the last moment !!! Well, when I am there, I will be thinking of you too ! Thanks Katie ! Can you tell me how to keep these songs out of my head now? I keep hearing the choir singing Aaaaaleluia, Aaaaaleluia.,Aaaaaaaleluia, Alllleluuuuuuiiia

Dreamin, there is still hope for you--really !!! I would have to go back and check, but I know I have not had my request in for very long---I think it has only been a few weeks. I had requested the 7th 8th or 9th. I was able to get the 7th. I stopped checking the e-mail --the watched kettle never boils theory. It is a good thing my husband still checks it !! Are you prepared for the trip ?? I know you must be very, very excited. I am also asking for some nice weather--I am a bit pushy, aren't I ?? I do actually hope for a little rain though because I thing the ancient buildings are just wonderful when viewed on a rainy overcast day. Everything is so mellow and warm looking. I will keep you in my prayers--there are others who have not received theirs yet too. And remember, I have heard of the confirmations being sent to your hotel if they are delivered late. There is always hope--and a prayer. Good luck and enjoy Rome regardless!! There is more than enough to keep you busy and it is ALL very meaningful !! I will be very anxious to hear your trip report when you return !!

Donna

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
2,550 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Katie and friends- I can go downstairs!!

well done wittyone!!!! I must confess you a thing. I am roman, I do live within the vatican walls and I did the scavi tour only last february!!! I can swear that is the most beautiful place in the world. I really hope that you will have Alessia as a guide, she is amazing!!!

coxs creek, kentucky
Level Contributor
4,310 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Katie and friends- I can go downstairs!!

Thank you Rome 70 !! I can not even imagine the beauty that must lie beneath those floors. I am sure that the reason you never went sooner is the same reason that any of us always miss things that are close to home. We always think that it will still be there tomorrow--and then after that there is always another tomorrow. The old saying about not seeing what is in our own backyard? But the important thing is that you have seen it now. And your wonderful, beautiful country is soooo very full of soooo many wondrous sights--pieces of history that were vital to each and every one of us--going to Italy is almost like going back into the womb--how miraculous would that be? I think, in part ,that is why so many of us feel such a connection to Rome---a long, long time ago we really did have some kind of connection and going back makes us respond to that.

ciao mia amica !

coxs creek, kentucky
Level Contributor
4,310 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Katie and friends- I can go downstairs!!

queenof hearts, and nothin says lovin' like something from the oven!!!!

I am calm. I am calm. I am calm. I am calm. I am calm. Iamcalm.Iamcalmiamcalm cara amica

coxs creek, kentucky
Level Contributor
4,310 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Katie and friends- I can go downstairs!!

queenofhearts, forgot to say something---this is over the top !!!!I am rolling on the floor laughing with tears streaming down my face !!! The best yet.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
48,466 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Katie and friends- I can go downstairs!!

Wittyone

My goodness do you need mouth to mouth resuscitation