We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

memory card problem

MN
Level Contributor
226 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
memory card problem

I bought more memory for my digital camera while in Italy and it worked taking pictures just fine. My problem is now that I can't find a place here that can read the memory card for printing my pictures. Does anyone have any advice?

Omaha, NE
Level Contributor
410 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: memory card problem

What kind of memory card is it and what have you tried so far?

MN
Level Contributor
226 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: memory card problem

Well, I just got back from Ritz Camera and I don't think anyone can help me sad to say. I thought it might have been just a problem with reading its different formating since I bought it there, but it seems like it might just be a bad card. I'm bringing it to their other store that has software to retrieve lost photos. I have a 50/50 chance they can recover them. sigh

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
23,139 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: memory card problem

can't you upload the pictures from the camera to the PC directly without a reader? assuming you can still see the pictures on your camera.

MN
Level Contributor
226 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: memory card problem

No, I tried that as an option. The camera won't even read it now. Bum memory card bought in Italy. Chalk this up as a lesson learned I guess.

Saint Marys, Ohio
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: memory card problem

Sometimes the file alocation table goes bad on the card but the pictures are still there. If the other place can't help you, your camera or card manufacturer may be able to.

New York
Level Contributor
75 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: memory card problem

I had the same thing happen to me 3 years ago when I got back from London. I bought a memory card that was damaged. I was going crazy because I had taken about 300 pictures which I didn't want to loose. During my attempt at EVERYTHING, I went to a search engine online and typed in "Memory Card Recovery" and was directed to a company in Florida who does work for the FBI on retreiving even intentional deletions on memory cards. I had to mail them my memory card and they were able to retreive all except maybe 25 pictures. The guy who worked with me said there was nothing wrong with the card but it was zapped by the metal detectors at the airport and that in the future I should treat the memory card as a laptop when you are at the airport.

I wish I could remember the name of the company but I'm sure if you try searching for companies online that can retrieve information from Memory Cards you will be bound to find them or other companies. Good Luck.

Omaha, NE
Level Contributor
410 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: memory card problem

Yes I agree with the prevous poster. There is almost always a way to retrieve lost files. Don't give up!

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,593 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: memory card problem

I thought that I read a similar post a few months back (not sure of the time frame) about someone that had lost the pictures they took from their digital camera. The husband hit delete or something like that. Someone replied with a website that you could go to and retrieve the pictures.

Perhaps someone will remember it also.

9. Re: memory card problem

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2009, 23:20