We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ponte Sisto or InterNational De La Villa

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Naples Fl
Level Contributor
43 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Ponte Sisto or InterNational De La Villa

Torn between these hotels. Price is not a factor ,since both are very close in rates. We have been to Rome before, bot the couple traveling with us have not been to Europe. Our other hotel in Italy is a villa in the Tuscany region. Comments?

Thanks

Rome, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
2,157 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ponte Sisto or InterNational De La Villa

My opinion is that the Ponte Sisto is in a much more useful and enjoyable neighborhood. The De La Ville is above the Spanish Steps and I personally don't like that location because you must descend the steps and navigate thick crowds in that shopping mall zone each and every time you want to get somewhere (except, Borghese Gallery, of course). On the other hand, the Ponte Sisto is near restaurants and sights that are an easy walk (Jewish Ghetto, Campo dei Fiori, Pantheon, Piazza Navona, Trastevere etc.) The Ponte Sisto is hard to book, so if you can get in, go for it.

Naples Fl
Level Contributor
43 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ponte Sisto or InterNational De La Villa

Thank you Soloroma for response. I have reservations at Ponte Sisto. I have a concern with the room size, maybe I have too much time on my hands. We don't arrive at Rome until April 23rd. I just keep researching hotels- Don't want to make a bad choice for my friends.

Omaha, NE
Level Contributor
403 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ponte Sisto or InterNational De La Villa

Do you mean the Intercontinental De La Ville? If so, that's where we're staying. I'll give a full report when I come home later this month!

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
2,550 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Ponte Sisto or InterNational De La Villa

I have to say that both hotels are in very nice locations but very different from each other. Both are wonderful, with wonderful staff. A little trick from a local..... if you prefer to stay to trinità dei monti (top of spanish steps), instead of climbing up the staircase each time there is the elevator at the metro (subway) stop on the square!

QQ2
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
7,163 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ponte Sisto or InterNational De La Villa

If I recall correctly, you do not have to go down the Spanish Steps every time you leave the De La Ville. You can also simply turn left when you go out the front door and walk down the street the hotel is on, which I believe is via Sistina, and which I recall as a fairly interesting street.

Rome, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
2,157 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ponte Sisto or InterNational De La Villa

No you certainly don't have to go down the steps, but you to have to descend the hill each time you want to head to places west (and south for that matter.) Don't misunderstand, the Spanish Steps area is very lovely and many people like to stay there, I'm just trying to give you an honest evaluation so that you can make the right choice for your own needs.

rome
Level Contributor
2,803 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ponte Sisto or InterNational De La Villa

I don't know about Ponte Sisto but our friends just spent 5 nights at De La Ville and loved it. They said Via Sistina is closed at traffic at night so it wasn't even noisy. I heard of this from them and I don't know if it is "really" closed. But well that what they reported.

8. Re: Ponte Sisto or InterNational De La Villa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2009, 02:15