We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Barberini or Barrocco

Eastbourne England...
Level Contributor
237 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Barberini or Barrocco

My wife and I are due to fly to Rome in 2 weeks & have provisionally booked Hotel La Fenice in the Trevi Fountain area. We are principally looking for lodgings close to the Spanish Steps & Trevi & I understand many shops & restaurants are close by whilst the Colosseum, Pantheon & Vatican City are still walkable from here. My concern is that on many sites this hotel has had mixed reviews whereas the above mentioned are very well thought of by the majority of visitors. Can anyone who has stayed at either of these hotels let me know their thoughts as my window of opportunity is narrowing rapidly! Thanks

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
4,434 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Barberini or Barrocco

Don't know Hotel La Fenice or Barrocco but we stayed at the Hotel Barberini a couple of years ago and it's location really is ideal for all the sights plus bars and restaurants. Rome seems to shrink while you are there and everywhere becomes walkable - or there is the tourists favourite the open top bus which you can jump on and off as you please. We had originally booked a standard room at the Barberini but when we arrived it was basically a closet at the rear of the Hotel with a window overlooking concrete! Before we unpacked we asked to see a junior suite and immediately upgraded. It was a double width room above the entrance on the front of the building with canopied bed and seperate seating area - well worth the supplement for a 3 night break in our opinion. No problem with road noise either. We absolutely loved Rome and when we go back will certainly consider the Barberini again - although we hadn't discovered this site back then so there might be too much choice next time!

Chicago,Illinois
Level Contributor
10 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Barberini or Barrocco

We just returned from Rome and stayed at the Barrocco. Great hotel...very charming....the staff were wonderful, food was great! Can't beat the location.We walked to the Pantheon, Vatican, Borghese. It took about 20 minutes to walk to these sites, but my husband and I love the outdoors and relished being able to walk-off some of the wonderful food! . We would definintely recommend it.

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
2,550 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Barberini or Barrocco

Barocco is very very cute, I know the staff personally. I used their florence hotel (or venice, don't remember) ciao daniela

4. Re: Hotel Barberini or Barrocco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2009, 10:23