We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which central hotel?

Toronto
3 posts
Save Topic
Which central hotel?

Thanks so much AssisiAnne, familyof4travels & wittyone. It's a done deal, we're staying in town.

Now please help with where. We're considering the Splendide or Sofitel for location & 4-star accomodation, or Residenza Cellini for it's TA #1 popularity position, rave reviews and price. Is it's lesser location that significant?

.... and to stettola... 'Boo Radley' is a character from Harper Lee's most wonderful book "To Kill a Mockingbird". Gregory Peck (of 'Roman Holiday' fame) stars in the equally wonderful film.

coxs creek, kentucky
Level Contributor
4,310 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which central hotel?

BooRadlee, prego. You are welcome. I don't know these hotels personally, but I am sure that others will chime in ! We always stayed about 10 minutes from the termini and we loved it. As we walked AL OVER Rome every sigle day from early morn till late evening, I couldn't help but think that for me(IMHO), I don't think there would be a wrong location to stay at in Rome. Serious.For example, I stood at the top of the Spanish steps and looked at the Hassler and the other hotels there--o.k., some of them had views(if you had the right room)and they were close to "certain" sites, but not as close to other sites. It could depend on what exactly you are the most interested in--how much you like to walk-do you want to use public transport-do you want to be able to explore all the little backstreets that aren't in a guidebook--etc., For me, and this is only my opinion, I would stay anywhere in Rome and be happy if I had a hotel with a good staff. I don't care where I start out from because it is all the things I see along the way that makes the best memories. Make sure that the hotel you choose has good reviews and I think you will be happy.

Hednesford
Level Contributor
206 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which central hotel?

I do not know if its too late but my husband and I stayed at the reidenza cellini last year. It was wonderful and I am fussy!!!. It was not too far from the station (we walked cases and all). Rome is a big place so one hotel is ever going to be near every thing.

Carol

Hednesford
Level Contributor
206 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which central hotel?

I do not know if its too late but my husband and I stayed at the reidenza cellini last year. It was wonderful and I am fussy!!!. It was not too far from the station (we walked cases and all). Rome is a big place so one hotel is never going to be near every thing.

Carol

4. Re: Which central hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2009, 16:27