We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palazzo Massimo Chapel

somewhere out there
Level Contributor
6,161 posts
Save Topic
Palazzo Massimo Chapel

I know that the chapel is open on March 16 and I am looking forward to having the privilage to see it.

Does anyone have any idea at what time it opens?

somewhere out there
Level Contributor
6,161 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Palazzo Massimo Chapel

:)

somewhere out there
Level Contributor
6,161 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Palazzo Massimo Chapel

Anybody??

somewhere out there
Level Contributor
6,161 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Palazzo Massimo Chapel

Helloooooooo out there............................................

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
868 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Palazzo Massimo Chapel

Hi Anemone : )

I will have a look and see if my "Blue Guide Rome " has the opening times for you !

I'll let you know tomorrow if i have any luck : )

Ciao XxEm

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
868 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Palazzo Massimo Chapel

Hi anemone ...well i looked and couldn't find ! ..does the chapel have a name ? .....now i'm intrigued by this place ...if it's a "must see" then see it i must !

Ciao XxEm

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,346 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Palazzo Massimo Chapel

The information I found said it is ONLY open for the public on Mar. 16 , a day on which masses are recited continuously all morning commerating an event where St. Phillip brought a dead child back to life. there. I have never heard of it either- but it sounds like it will be open in the am that day for masses...interesting...Is it well known among Italians?

somewhere out there
Level Contributor
6,161 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Palazzo Massimo Chapel

The chapel sounds so intriguing and I am there on the one day of the year that it's open(!) that I don't want to miss seeing it.......

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
2,550 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Palazzo Massimo Chapel

anemone, finally I found the information you desperately required! The chapel should be open from 7am-1pm http://www.romecity.it/Palazzistorici.htm sorry, this part of the site is in italian only. I didn't find any other reference to confirm if this info is true or not! ciao daniela

coxs creek, kentucky
Level Contributor
4,310 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Palazzo Massimo Chapel

Egads anemone !! How on earth did you find this ??? Talk about a hidden gem ! Well, I won't be there on March 16 (no fair!) but I sure do hope that you get to see it and tell us what it is all about ! Now you have once again piqued my curiosity so I will have to see what I can find!! Thanks--your time is really, really getting near now!!!! You are going to be the most prepared traveller on this forum !! Soooo, we expect a really detailed trip report from you !! Maybe I will have to plan on being in Rome during march again next year ! Sorry, I never saw this post before or I would have already have been digging for you.--ciao bella.................

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
2,550 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Palazzo Massimo Chapel

here you are some pics!

www.jemolo.com/cgi-bin/search1.cgi…

but read also the memories of somebody who already has been there! ciao belli daniela