We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Residence Hotel with Air Con & Elevator Near Center of Rome

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Palo Alto...
Level Contributor
60 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Residence Hotel with Air Con & Elevator Near Center of Rome

I am planning an extended family trip to Italy including Rome with my mom (81), sister, brother and my family (six kids ages 11-23). I get to organize - We will need a mimum or 4-5 bedrooms based on the mix of travelers.

Because my mom has limited mobility, and because there are young adults going on the trip -- I'd like to be in the center of the action in Rome. The prices of hotels in Rome are getting me down (I get to pay for all but one of the rooms, so even $200 a night adds up quickly).

A large apartment would be great but I've not found one that can accomodate 10 in the city and many apartments will only rent weekly from Sat. to Sat. I stumbled across the residence hotel aurelia and it looked perfect; we could stay 4 nights and get two apartments nearby each other in the same complex. But...the Aurelia seems to be so far out of the center of Rome that I am afraid my mom wouldn't get to 'hang out' in many nice piazzas and the young adults would be dissapointed at being stuck in the suburbs.

Can anyone help with some residence hotels (with small common sitting area, kitchenette or even just refrigerator, air conditioning, and elevator) closer to the center of the city with multiple 2 bedroom apartments in the same complex?

Mimi

Rome, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
2,158 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Residence Hotel with Air Con & Elevator Near Center of Rome

I think you are right that an apartment is the way to go. I encourage you to call a rental company you are comfortable with and explain just what you need. Sometimes it is not obvious on a web site that the company may rent a few in the same building. Papavero rentals (here in the states) in fact has two lovely apartments in the same building and I think each sleeps five. Check their website and then call for specifics. Also, you may try RomePower. they have an enormous apartment in a great location that has four bedrooms: one master, a dble, a twin and a single, plus I'm pretty sure there's a pull out couch. If apartments won't work, move to bed and breakfasts. Some are so small you can take the entire place to yourselves. You should not have to resort to staying out of the center with such a group to cart around. It can certainly be done!

Palo Alto...
Level Contributor
60 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Residence Hotel with Air Con & Elevator Near Center of Rome

thanks soloroma - papavero rentals seems to have several apts that are in the same buildings that look very nice! I will check out RomePower as well. I had not thought of 'taking over' a B&B but that is also a good idea.

I will let you know what I decide to do.

thanks again,

mimi

3. Re: Residence Hotel with Air Con & Elevator Near Center of Rome

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2009, 00:19