We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting from Pisa to Rome

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
somewhere out there
Level Contributor
6,161 posts
Save Topic
Getting from Pisa to Rome

I am trying to discover if there is a long distance bus service that goes from Pisa airport to Rome.

Anyone able to help?

Dublin
Level Contributor
1,431 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting from Pisa to Rome

Maybe you could get a Terravisione bus from Pisa Airport to Florence Rail Station and from there get something to Rome?

somewhere out there
Level Contributor
6,161 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting from Pisa to Rome

:)

coxs creek, kentucky
Level Contributor
4,310 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting from Pisa to Rome

Hey Nem, are you flying into Pisa then?????? And are you also staying in Pisa for a time????? I think you can take the train, but I would think that you would have to do multiple legs on busses. Good question.

London, United...
Level Contributor
721 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting from Pisa to Rome

Unless you are particularly interested in busses, go for the train-version. Its a 3hours+ journey, along the coast at the beginning. Cost is about 40 euros for 2 persons one-way.

I know many TA's oppose me on this one, but all the same; trenitalia has been for me half an hour late more often than not.

www.trenitalia.it

oh, and the distance between Pisa Airport and Pisa railwaystation is possible by foot, but grab a cab if you got lots of luggage or mind the walk.

somewhere out there
Level Contributor
6,161 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting from Pisa to Rome

I had been looking into the train but wondered if there was a bus that was faster; my plane arrives too late for the faster train so I have to wait for the slower, 4hour, train.

Does 'along the coast' mean that there is picturesque scenery?

Witty, I am not spending any time in Pisa, plane arrives there, reason for that is:

A. from where I live planes only go to Pisa

B. I had bee planning to see other places on the way to Rome ( somewhere 4 days, Rome 4 days) but Rome took over the whole itinerary!!

Livorno, Italy
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting from Pisa to Rome

I've traveled by train many times from Pisa to Rome. I highly recommend it... If you do use the train, the scenery will be great for the first half of the trip ... be sure to be watching out the window especially between Livorno and Rosignano to see gorgeous views of the sea!

coxs creek, kentucky
Level Contributor
4,310 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Getting from Pisa to Rome

Hey anemone ! O.K., I thought you had decided to spend the whole time in Rome, but I thought that I had missed something. Will you then be travelling by train after dark? When we went from Florence to Assisi we took the regional train and it did make a LOT of stops(very quick stops!) but the scenery was breathtaking ! I could see so many of the towns in the distance that I had wanted to visit and the lake was just HUGE which really surprised me-oh yeah, and obviously gorgeous! But also the bus trip to Siena from Florence I thought had some nice views. I wouldn't take the ES of course if you want to see views as it just goes too fast for me ! But if you can take a slower train and still get there in four hours with gorgeous views along the way--go for it !!! Jeez, I am already excited anticipating your trip report !!!

8. Re: Getting from Pisa to Rome

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2009, 07:20