We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best location

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Canterbury,England
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Topic
Best location

Hi

Can anyone give any tips for the best central hotels in Rome? Are all the attractions quite near each other? Nightlife?

Havent got a clue which hotels to look at as not sure where is the best area to stay!

thanks!

London, United...
Level Contributor
212 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best location

Hi There

I was there recently and stayed near the main train station and found it a bit away from the fun. I would stay near Via Del Corso & via Vitorrio Emmanuelle myself (sorry if spelling is a bit out) if I was to return again

Hope that helps

Hagerstown, Maryland
Level Contributor
6,157 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best location

Many people like to be near the Pantheon and Piazza Navona - an area with narrow streets and lots of "old-world" charm. Areas close by such as the Colosseum, the Trevi Fountain, and the Spanish Steps are nice too. Some like the Termini station area too, for its convenience to the trains.

Rome's city center is very compact, so most of the sites are pretty easy to walk to no matter where you are. The vatican is an exception for many, being a bit away from the other things.

You'll find Venere.com to be more useful than the TA listings for narrowing down a list of hotels to a particular area.

Good luck.

3. Re: Best location

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2009, 03:16