We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Purchasing audio guide with Colosseum ticket

London, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Purchasing audio guide with Colosseum ticket

At the Coopculture website it seems possible to purchase a ticket and pay for an audioguide at the same time. I'm guessing it's not necessary as the audioguides can be purchased on the day but would it save time in queues to book them both in advance? Also, the website says I need to select a date which means that any flexibility regarding when to use the Colosseum part of the ticket would be lost. (I also - if I've understood other threads correctly - will need to go to the 'special events' window to collect my kids' tickets.) Any advice much appreciated!

Special Offer
Waking Up the Vatican: VIP Early...
61 Reviews
from US$375.80*
US$536.90
Best Seller
Vatican Museums Skip the Line Tour...
24,145 Reviews
from US$74.10*
Best Seller
Ancient Rome and Colosseum Skip the...
12,132 Reviews
from US$58.60*
49 replies to this topic
pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
39,876 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Purchasing audio guide with Colosseum ticket

There's no need to purchase the audio guide in advance as you'll still need to pick it up on site. Yes, you'll go to the special events desk to get free tickets and audio guides. Be sure to bring passports for proof of age.

Donna

London, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Purchasing audio guide with Colosseum ticket

Great - thank you Donna. So - just so I'm clear - if I get the option to print out my full price tickets (when booking online) then I will need to go to two places: the 'skip the line' queue for pre-paid tickets and then the 'special events' desk to get hold of audio-video guides and collect the kids' tickets. I'm sure this will all make sense when we're there! Thanks too for the reminder about ID.

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
39,876 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Purchasing audio guide with Colosseum ticket

It should be the same line unless things have changed. Also, you'll need to check the box on the order form in order to do the print at home choice. You'll get a PDF in an email that you can print out for your tickets. Do not buy the free kids tickets or you won't be able to print anything out.

Donna

2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Purchasing audio guide with Colosseum ticket

I have a few questions with regards to the purchasing of Rome Colosseum tickets on www.coopculture.it

1) If I want to purchase the underground tour, do I have to purchase the colosseum ticket separately? Or does it come together with the underground tour

2) I realised that I have to indicate a time if I want to purchase the audio guide. What happens if I miss the timing? Can I still collect it?

3) Or can I purchase the colosseum ticket online first and then rent the audio guide when I am there on the actual day. Will there be the case when there are no more audio guides left for rent? Will I have to queue very long for the audio guide? (which defeats the purpose and I should purchase it online first)

4) If I purchase the audio guide, is the colosseum ticket valid for 2 days too?

I will like the audio guide but I do not want to be tied down with the fixed timing.

Thanks!

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
39,876 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Purchasing audio guide with Colosseum ticket

1) the tour ticket does not include entry.

2) If there are any still available they will let you have it. If not, you will either wait or do without. This is why you reserve a time for the guide.

3)Yes, but you run the risk of them not being available during the busy season. If you purchase entry tickets online you wont' queue for the audio guide. Please read above posts.

4) the colosseum ticket is ALWAYS valid for two consecutive days with a single entry to each site. All audio guides and guided tours are separate from entry tickets.

**I will like the audio guide but I do not want to be tied down with the fixed timing. **

Then get the guide when you get to the site. Just realize they may be sold out.

Donna

2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Purchasing audio guide with Colosseum ticket

Thanks for your reply Donna. It was very useful. Appreciate it a lot.

It is stated on the website that the duration of the audio guide is 1 hour. Can I know if we have to return it after 1 hour or can we hold on to it as long as we are inside the Colosseum, Roman forum and Palatine.

Thank you.

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
39,876 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Purchasing audio guide with Colosseum ticket

The forum and palatine hill are not physically connected to the colosseum. You'll return the audio guide before leaving the colosseum.

The audio guide is an hour long and they like them to be returned soon after it is over. They have other people who are waiting to pick them up so if you hang on to it for hours then you're denying someone else the use of it.

donna

1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Purchasing audio guide with Colosseum ticket

Donna, Can the ID for the childrens free ticket be a photocopy, also do we need additional ID for the rental of Audio video guide that I have pre book? Also when I booked it was a all in prce for entance and audio video of 20 euros per adult and 8 euros for children, am I correct that I do not need to purchase any additional tckets to get in, and I pick all the tickets up from the special pre booking desk?

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
39,876 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Purchasing audio guide with Colosseum ticket

If you are not an EU citizen you're required to carry your passport with you at all times so just use those.

Yes, you'll need an I.D. to rent the audio guide.

It sounds like you've booked everything you need.

Donna

3 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Purchasing audio guide with Colosseum ticket

What if we already purchased the free child's ticket? You stated not to do this because you can't print tickets out. I guess I don't understand.

Reply to: Purchasing audio guide with Colosseum ticket
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted