We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fashion Advice Wanted...Men and Women

Indiana
Level Contributor
81 posts
Save Topic
Fashion Advice Wanted...Men and Women

Planning a 12 day Italy tour. I don't want to look like the Ugly American but really.....what are you lady (reads older adult) tourists really want to take with you to wear?

Dates will be middle to end of May. Remember, one suitcase, with room to bring home some buys. Thanks. Also, MEN can answer for themselves also....though I do think you have it much easier.

Also, very important, what SHOES are you taking. Do sneakers stay home in favor of better style but maybe less comfort?

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
427 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Fashion Advice Wanted...Men and Women

It cracks me up that this subject comes up all the time. Personally I would never wear big white chunky sneakers unless I'm working out. I don't do it here either.

There are many comfy shoes you can wear.

I would avoid wearing flip flops (esp. inside a church) because they would kill your feet walking all day and your feet will get very dirty.

I do wear T-shirts but the fittled V-neck kind, no logo/sayings. Those with skirts were perfect during the day and a little cardigan or jacket were fine for night. It will be warm in May so pack light.

Have a great time.

Indiana
Level Contributor
81 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Fashion Advice Wanted...Men and Women

A gigantic thank you to all who posted their helps and suggestions. This is such a great site. I do think I will go with the dark pants, skirts, and multiple coordinating tops. I'm a little muffin-topped so will stay away from anything too tight.

It was certainly great to have it pointed out that on this our first grip we will certainly be doing what all the "tourists" do. So, I guess it's a little difficult to not look like a tourist. I love the advice about just be comfortable (with good sense) and ENJOY.

Also, let me tell you folks who post that it's great for a newby to click on other sites where you left words. I'm beginning to see some wise multi-advisors and I just love it. Thanks for taking the time. If you think of anything else please don't hesitate to add it here.

13. Re: Fashion Advice Wanted...Men and Women

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2009, 00:18