We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

booking thru Venere??

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
chicago
Level Contributor
102 posts
1 review
Save Topic
booking thru Venere??

Hi ,

Has anyone booked with the web site Venere.??

Were their reservations honored ?? Was the hotel service fine? Did they get good rooms or just what was left over?? Any problems when paying the bill at hotel checkout.??

They seem to have good prices and you don't need to pay until you checkout.

Don't want any of these problems on honeymoon.

Thanks

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
12,993 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: booking thru Venere??

Hi

We have used Venere a couple of times. Absolutely no problems at all. The hotels were great, paid on check out and good service.

They are one of the more popular hotel bookers in Europe and personally, I would have no hesitation in recommending them

Regards

Andy

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
180 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: booking thru Venere??

They are reliable, but I have always found that other sites are less expensive. If you use the tripadvisor "check rates" button for the hotel of your choice, it normally brings up at least 5 companies. I have had a lot of success with bookings.com

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
2,550 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: booking thru Venere??

I used them at the end of Nov 2006 for my Florence with hubby: easy, fast no problem at all. They also sent me a message on my cell phone to confirm. Before booking of course I made my home works comparing the rates with other sites. I booked a double de luxe, at our arrival the hotel gave us a junior suite! Ciao Daniela

New Jersey
Level Contributor
130 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: booking thru Venere??

Venere is an excellent way to compare hotels and they are reliable. We used them last year for several cities in Italy and all worked out just fine. The feature I liked best was that you could pick an area of a city, the number of people, room type and dates and it gives the list of available hotels with ratings, reviews etc. There should be a thread in this forum about them. In that thread you will find a discount code good for 4% off the price. If you can't find it, please let me know and I will look it up in my files.

Have a great honeymoon - Italy is a wonderful place to have it!

somewhere out there
Level Contributor
6,161 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: booking thru Venere??

I used them on my first trip to Florence in 2005 and found them reliable. The reviews section is also reliable as people can't post a review unless they have actually stayed at a place so 'fake' reviews can't happen.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
156 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: booking thru Venere??

We used Venere.com to book our B&B in Rome. Absolutely no problems.

Kaiserslautern...
Level Contributor
165 posts
314 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: booking thru Venere??

I've booked with Venere in the past. No problems with reservations or hotel check out.

I have found better prices elsewhere. Also, after checking Venere's price, I've contacted the hotel directly for a better price.

Hotel cancellations are painless when completed before the deadline.

Virginia Water
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: booking thru Venere??

You can get a 4% discount at Venere.com by using this discount code (which you are prompted for as part of the online booking process)

9LNND4B

Good luck

9. Re: booking thru Venere??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2009, 00:15