We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand European tours

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
71 posts
85 reviews
Save Topic
Grand European tours

We are considering a tour of Italy with Grand Europeans tours. Has anyone had any experienc with them?

Colosseum Motorcycle Center
Sightseeing Tours, Equipment Hire, Vespa, Scooter & Moped Tours
SPB Tours Mediterranean Rome
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, City Tours, Private Tours
Exclusiveissimo
Sightseeing Tours, Food Tours, City Tours, Private Tours, Shopping Tours
Scottsdale
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand European tours

Hello, I saw this on the internet while trying to find out if anyone has used GET. We are ready to book a tour in France & Italy for April and May and wanted to know of anyone if they had ant experiences with Grand European Tours. Have you found anyone??

santej2@msn.com

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
71 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand European tours

No responses yet but we've decided to go ahead and book an Italy tour for April. Experience with sales staff has been positive, and we like their approach of including visits to local families and off-the-beaten-track towns.

Palos Verdes
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand European tours

Did you get a response to your request?

I, too, am considering a tour with GET.

Thanks

Palos Verdes
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand European tours

Did you get a response to your request?

I, too, am considering a tour with GET.

Thanks

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,606 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grand European tours

I get their brochures all the time but have not booked any tours with them. Have you checked the BBB for the state of Oregon to see if they have had any complaints against them?

I just got a new brochure and it says they are members of the BBB. Their address lists them in Lake Oswego, Oregon 97035

Also read their cancellation policy: you may cancel your reservation within 30 days or less after your reservation and your deposit of $350. pp will be fully refunded. For cancellations (or changes) 61days prior to departure the $350. pp fee will be assessed. In addition, if you withdraw or make changes 60 days or less prior to departure date, you will also pay a fee of 25% pp of the tour cost. 15-30 days: you will pay 50% of tour cost and less than 15 days you will pay 100% of tour cost.

They offer a Travel Protection Plan for $109. pp. which you should check out also.

Keep us posted.

May

Mentioned in this post
Oregon
Oregon
United States
Frankfort, Michigan
Level Contributor
34 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grand European tours

We have taken two trips with Grand European, The Grand Tour of Italy in 2000 and in 06, Spain, Portugal and Morrocco. We enjoyed both trips. The tour guides were good as were the hotels and the bus. They do have many optional trips and they were very enjoyable but they do add quite a bit of expence to the trip. We thought they were worth it. This year we booked The Grand Tour of France in November, it was to leave May 3 07. Unfortunately, when I called three days ago they informed me that my trip that date was cancelled and I could change it to the one leaving May 10th. I was very very disappointed since I am unable to go at that time. I thought that it was very bad of them to cancel a trip at that late date. You would have thought they would know sooner than this that the trip did not have enought takers to make it profitable for them. Also, they said that they had mailed notification to me on the 9th of Feb. but I have not received anything from them and I have never had problems with my mail delivery. This is the first time I have encountered a problem with them. I think you will enjoy traveling with Grand European if you don't mind the added expence of the optional tours.

Mentioned in this post
Spain
Spain
Europe
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
71 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Grand European tours

We did take GET's 2 week bus tour of most of Italy. We enjoyed the trip and would use GET again. It covered a lot but didn't feel overly hectic. We liked their inclusion of a dinner with a local family. We thought the Como area itenary was much too crowed but they responded to our concerns and have since changed that portion. As with most tour bus companies there were too many stops at stores selling local specialities--all-be-it of good quality.

Frankfort, Michigan
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Grand European tours

I have taken three tours with Grand European and have been pleased with them all. The tour guides have been very knowledgible and the hotels were all very nice and in good locations, not far away from the points of interest. This enables you to look around a little on your own if you like. The tours I took with them were the grand tour of Italy, Spain, Portugal and Morocco and Egypt. The bus we traveled in was very comfortable. They also arrange for you to have a meal with a local person on some of their trips and we found them to be quite good.

Mentioned in this post
Spain
Spain
Europe
Morocco
Morocco
Africa
Egypt
Egypt
Africa
Oklahoma
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Grand European tours

I am also interested in an Italy trip with GET. Did you take your trip and if so what was your experience with this particular travel company. We have never used them but interested in Italy and did like their agenda. Also what was the size of your group. We really prefer the smaller groups and I noticed they do not address group size so I'm guessing they are larger. Any info you can provide, would definitely appreciate.

florida
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Grand European tours

We are interested in GET's Egypt trip. When we inquired about the size of the tour groups we were told between 29 and 40. Is that considered large?