We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eating in ruins

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
2,160 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Eating in ruins

Recently hit with this request.

My answer: Da Pancrazio (basement has ruins of Pompey's theater) and Taverna Ulpia (overlooking Trajan's forum and built into Trajan's basilica Ulpia -- ruins in basement). Does anyone have any other interesting places in which to dine among ruins?

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,024 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Eating in ruins

I think a picnic with vino in the Baths of Caracalla on a fine day would be wonderful (plenty of benches) Tabby.

Wyoming
Level Contributor
84 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Eating in ruins

SoloRoma,

Yes, we sat right next to the travertine remnant of the Temple of Aesculapius. Ancient structures in all directions.

I once had a great picnic by myself in the Aqueduct Park, just sitting on one of the footings of the Claudian aqueduct.

Rome
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Eating in ruins

Definitely Da Pancrazio's: but I think they only serve dinner in the ancient basement. Try to ask for it, even if you are for the lunch.

14. Re: Eating in ruins

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2009, 07:19