We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My Itinerary....so far!!

somewhere out there
Level Contributor
6,161 posts
Save Topic
My Itinerary....so far!!

I have a total of 8 days in Rome not counting the arrival and departure day.

Let me know if I am being realistic about this or not; I am hoping that I have enough 'gelatto time' and 'just wandering around time' in there, so here goes!

Day 0:

arrive,check in, sleep.

Day 1:

Shop for food ( staying in an apartment near Pantheon).

Explore the neighbourhood

Visit: St Ignazio; Pantheon ; SM Minerva ; S Agostino; S Luigi Francesi.

Day 2:

S. Clemente

Trajan's forums/markets

Imperial forums

Roman forums

Palatine hill ( buy Archaeologia pass)

And if there is stil time and energy then S Giovanni Laterano

Day 3:

Have tickets for the SCAVI at 9:15

Vatican museums

St Peter's

Day 4:

Palazzo Massimo Chapel ( this is March 16, the only open day)

S Cecilia Trastevere

SM Trastevere

SM Cosmedin

S Sabina

Perhaps one of the museums of Rome if there is time and energy.

Day 5:

ORVIETO

Day 6: The day of the Rome Marathon

S Ivo

Capuccin crypt

Galleria Borghese

Picio

SM del Popolo

Day 7:

S Pudenziana

S Prassede

SM Maggiore

Day 8:

The last day, free to do anything not seen or done before and to just enjoy.

Am I crazy??!!

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
2,550 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: My Itinerary....so far!!

what a beautiful plan, be proud of yourself! Just a tip for food shopping at your arrival: having the pantheon on your back (so facing McD), take the last street/alley on your left, via giustiniani, soon after the Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, there is a Despar (I think that's the chain's name) supermarket! Ciao Daniela

Southend-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
1,596 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: My Itinerary....so far!!

This itinerary looks brilliant. You have managed to get everything in the same area on the same day (if you see what I mean!!). I can't remember if you've been to Rome before - I've looked at your previous posts but can't find the answer!! The reason I say this is because the Colosseum is missing from your list. And I guess the day to do this is Day 2 which then makes it a bit of a heavy day.

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
2,550 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: My Itinerary....so far!!

One more tip. If you are buying the Archeologia Card only to skip the line to the Palatine/Colosseum (I didn't see in the list other sites where you can use it), save your money! If you want to buy the ticket once you are in town in order to plan your schedule day by day, go to parigi street (top of barberini street, near the st regis hotel), to the visitor center of rome central tourism office. Ariciao (very roman colloquial!) or ciao again Daniela

MA
Level Contributor
943 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: My Itinerary....so far!!

One thing might be a problem. The guidebooks I have bought say that a lot of churches are closed from about noon to four. That certainly affects your itinerary (and mine!).

somewhere out there
Level Contributor
6,161 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: My Itinerary....so far!!

Thanks all!!

Yes, I know the churches are closed for 'lunch' so I will have my lunch too and then wander around or just sit, or visit those that are open all day!!

I have been to Rome before(but many many years ago) and was born there; I went to the Colosum on a tour from Sorrento also many years ago so don't feel a burning desire to go again but will if I have time.

Daniella, I shall buy the Archaeo card at the Palatine or the tourist office, I think it will be a good deal for me as I also want to see the Crypta Balbi and Palazzo Altemps and Diocletian's baths---if I have the time!! And if I don't get to all of them then the archaeology of Rome will still benefit from the money for the pass( that's a good thing isn't it).

I have another list called: 'things to do if there is time'!! :D

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
1,124 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: My Itinerary....so far!!

Anemone, fantastic itinerary. I think San Ivo is open only on Sunday mornings, for a couple of hours. Palazzo Altemps is one of my favorite museums, I hope you can find some time for it in your plan!

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
868 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: My Itinerary....so far!!

Ha Ha Ha anemone ...i have a list of "things to do if there's time" too

but that's almost as long as my "must See's" LOL

Lucky you with 8 days to spend in Rome ...i only have 2&1/2 days to fit most of your list in ...hmmm somehow i think I'm not going to get it done ! still i suppose that means another trip back !

Really looking forward to hearing all about it when you return ....I'll compare lists once we've both been and see what we both missed !

ciao XxEm

Somerset, England
Level Contributor
2,476 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: My Itinerary....so far!!

So, this is my first visit to the TA Rome Forum. That looks like a good itinerary anemone. I wish you have a great revisit to Rome. Enjoy your time there.

coxs creek, kentucky
Level Contributor
4,310 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: My Itinerary....so far!!

Anemone--where are you girl?? I have been waiting for you to post again before you leave!! You don't have long now and I know you must be ecsatic !!! Everything o.k.??? Ciao cara mia !!!

somewhere out there
Level Contributor
6,161 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: My Itinerary....so far!!

Witty m' dear!!

I am still here...just! Off on Monday so just doing the final bits and pieces; you know how that goes!

Trying not to be excited, if I allow myself that I won't sleep for the next two days!!

Ciao cara! :D