We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Italian advisors...Looking for tradtional Italian products,,

Athens
Level Contributor
1,600 posts
154 reviews
Save Topic
Italian advisors...Looking for tradtional Italian products,,

Will be in rome..I love discovering those tradtional products that have been around for years in countries...old time remedies..ointments..creams..toothpastes...nothing high end but products the locals use and we can find in supermarkets and pharmacies(ointments..remedies etc)...Can our Itlian advisors reccomend some to me to look for at the pharmacy and supermarkets?/Thanks!

rome
Level Contributor
2,803 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Italian advisors...Looking for tradtional Italian products,,

Philo this is a difficult task with all the globalization and the fact that Rome is a big town. You will have to explore markets and pharmacies. It is easier to find local brands in small towns, anyway a good idea would be to look for an Erboristeria (Herbs shop) and have a look. There is a very old one in Via della Torre Argentina (a side street from Largo di Torre Argentina) . I think it's one of the oldest in Rome. Great liquorice there, mmmmm.

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
2,158 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Italian advisors...Looking for tradtional Italian products,,

You may also like to visit:

Officina Fareceutica di Santa Maria Novella, Corso del Rinascimento, 47. Still making 16th centurey Domenican monks' lotions and such.

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
2,550 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Italian advisors...Looking for tradtional Italian products,,

I would take a look also to the monks' shop at the church of Sant'Anselmo on the Aventine Hill.

Ciao Daniela

4. Re: Italian advisors...Looking for tradtional Italian products,,

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2009, 14:18